HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Finally, bought the Fold and has been using it for about 2 weeks now

Speed-wise I can feel it's slightly faster than my ex-Note 10+ since it's using the SD855 but I still feel it's a bit slower than my Huawei Mate 20X. Weight-wise I find it's OK since I have been using my Huawei Mate 20X

As for the crease - don't look for it and don't look at it!

IMG_20190930_150420.jpg
IMG_20190930_150457.jpg
IMG_20191002_110215.jpg
IMG_20191002_110347.jpg

As far as the OS and software they are the same like when you are using another android phone.

The difference is that I'm paying expensively for hardware technologies that many don't have at the moment. It is a device that integrates convenience and converging technologies. Yes, it is still a first gen device but the inward-folding polymer screen and the fold mechanism is something no other company can duplicate for now.

Am I proud to own the Fold? Yes, I'm.

Is it worth it? As an early adopter I would say yes.

Is the hassle in extra care and precautions in handling causing an issue? It actually increases my awareness of my surroundings when I use the Fold like not knocking into somebody/something or vice versa, watching for trips, holding tight, not getting spilled with liquids etc

Any shortfalls in the Fold that disappoints me? Yes. Releasing late, not using SD855+, not having better camera system, should come with 3D facial scan, buttonless/bezeless/notchless, in-screen speaker, under-screen ultrasonic fingerprint reader, use glass instead of polymer for screen and having the faster F2FS storage system like in its Note 10+ etc

Would I buy another similar device in future as an early adopter? Yes, if the technologies then can be proven to be better than now. See some examples mentioned above

FYI, plastic screen protectors are now available for the front screen, the internal screen and the rear cameras. Also, cases from Mont Blanc, UAG and Spigen are also available. BTW, the original case is slippery to hold

One thing. The replacement cost for the inner polymer screen is very expensive (US$585+) after the warranty period expires

Note - How to close the Fold?

Do NOT press on the screen to close the Fold. Samsung recommends to press the hinge to close it. I rather press on the rim on the inside slightly away from the hinge to close it. This is not to disturb the hinge.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I think G Fold is perfect for your hand since your hands are huge and still the phone look small.
I've trouble adapting to 6.1" phone fitting my pockets.
FYI, I have small hands. It's just that when folded I can have a good grip of it

At first i thought you have crack line on phone :ROFLMAO: (i saw only higher part of picture)
You mean the white line on the top left of the first picture? That's a reflection of the light shining on it

Not to scare you. So far 2 users in my country already facing a loose casing problem. Good news is that in one case the casing was replaced and fixed within 2 hrs by Samsung. That's premium service for owning the Fold

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
FYI, I have small hands. It's just that when folded I can have a good grip of it

You mean the white line on the top left of the first picture? That's a reflection of the light shining on it

Not to scare you. So far 2 users in my country already facing a loose casing problem. Good news is that in one case the casing was replaced and fixed within 2 hrs by Samsung. That's premium service for owning the Fold

So it was the camera perspective issue! I thought your hands were huge just like Hulk Hogan! In the picture it looked very big.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Samsung SelfieType app gives your phone a camera keyboard

The Samsung SelfieType project was shown in more detail today at CES 2020 as an invisible projector keyboard for your phone. This system utilizes front-facing camera sensor systems in modern smart phones (like the Galaxy S10) to track the position of a users’ fingers. The phone is propped up in front of the user and the users’ hands are positioned like they’d be in front of a WASD keyboard – but the keyboard does not exist!

In the video below you’ll see the SelfieType system as initially revealed back in December of 2019. This is part of the Samsung C-Lab CES 2020 collection, showing how a Samsung Galaxy smartphone can utilize its front-facing array of camera sensors to create a keyboard that MIGHT feel more natural for a person to use than an on-screen thumb-centric keyboard. NOTE: This system is shown on several Samsung devices.

In the video above you’ll see the Samsung Galaxy S10, the Samsung Galaxy Fold, and a Samsung tablet. This is almost certainly the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. It’s an odd choice, then, that the company would show a new sort of keyboard on a device which is almost always promoted with its magnetically-attached hardware keyboard. But what’s newest is newest!

The most interesting of the three devices shown here is the Galaxy Fold. Not just because the device has a folding display, but because the device could, potentially, be capable of using this technology without any external prop. One might expect that it’d be able to fold up in an L-shape and allow its front-facing sensor to do the trick. However, as the video shows, the user (apparently) needs a coffee cup to keep the device standing in the L-shape position – gravity wins again!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.