Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Amid speculation that it was moving the launch of its Galaxy Note 5 - and possiby S6 Edge+ - up in order to give some breathing room from Apple's iPhone 6S launch, Samsung finally announced its 'Unpacked' event, which will be held on August 13. The company is expected to launch its upcoming flagship and a possible larger version of the S6 Edge on that date. Earlier today, images of an alleged press render were leaked to the Internet

Now, a leak from the ever-reliable Evan Blass (@evleaks) has outed the specifications of the device before the launch. The device is said to be sporting an octa-core Exynos 7420 processor, with 4 cores clocked at 2.1GHz and the other four at 1.5GHz in a typical big.LITTLE formation. Featuring 4 GB of RAM, it will also have a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560x1440p.

Read More from Neowin.net

Reactions: Oxygen

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Good specs for the device, however I am staying away from Android. After owning 4 Android devices, came to embrace the fact that unless you are using a High End device, you will eventually be required to upgrade your device (get a new one basically) if you want to use a more up to date OS, unless you do not mind sticking to last supported version of the OS without the bug fixes that are released on newer version or prefer to go Root + custom rom root.

Microsoft Lumia and Apple iPhone have a better business model. OS updates are pushed unless the device does not support in terms of hardware.

No more custom roms with bundleware on it from different companies. That is all I have to say.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've always loved Android as you can customise it to the way you would like. I've been looking seriously at the Note 4 as it's got everything I need work wise. Pen like a tablet etc, but have been looking at Apple as it's simple and owning an iPad it's hard to sync both my HTC One M8 and the iPad together. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.