Samsung reportedly won’t include chargers with some phones starting next year

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Samsung may not include chargers in the boxes of some of its smartphones starting in 2021, according to a report from Korean news site ETNews. The company is taking them out because many people already have chargers and to help reduce costs, the report says.

While not including a charger in the box might seem like a big move, Samsung reportedly isn’t the only major phone maker considering it. Apple may do something similar by not including a charger with this year’s iPhone lineup, according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. Apple may also phase out the 5W and 18W chargers that currently come with iPhones (depending on which model you buy) and instead offer a new 20W fast charger that will be sold separately, said Kuo.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I have a cheap flip phone; the charger from my previous cheap f.f (may it rest in peace or rather --pieces-- wherever in the road it landed 💀} fit it perfectly.

I think Samsung did a graceful thing here. Anything to reduce bulk and waste. (y)

• +Reputation
Reactions: Ink and show-Zi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think I should have done so early. One of the reasons that unwanted cables are scattered around the room.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.