Samsung Sero - The $16k Vertical QLED TV

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Image: Samsung showcasing the Sero Vertical TV (click to view)

Samsung has unveiled "The Sero," a 43-inch quantum-dot QLED TV with an attention-grabbing gimmick. It can be flipped around 90 degrees, letting you watch Instagram, Snap and other smartphone videos in their native vertical configurations. Samsung said it wanted to diversify its lineup and came up with the idea by studying the tastes of mobile-loving millennials.

"Samsung will continue introducing screens that respect personal consumer tastes," said display president Han Jong-hee.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
If they looked at millennials' tastes for the TV, they should also take into consideration that we hardly have enough money to pay for basic commodities, let alone a $16k TV :D

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I saw in a television science show this kind of CRT monitor around 2 decades ago, the one that could be used Horizontally and Vertically. It was developed for the new paper industry.
I think square monitors are the best, in the wide ones there is a lot of wastage of space on the sides.
You can actually see that here also, just look at the sides. :)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
16k 43 inch Tvs, 2k foldable phones... Samsung is going as insane as Apple with its prices...

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
$16k for one electronic item. HELL NO

I rather invest $16k or buy a car.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
$16k!! You know how much avocado toast I could buy with that?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.