CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
samsung-cover-745x419.jpg.optimal.jpg

Earlier this year, Samsung was busted for using stock photos to show off capabilities of Galaxy A8’s camera. And now they did it again – they used a stock image taken with a DSLR to fake the camera’s portrait mode. How do I know this, you may wonder? Well, it’s because Samsung used MY photo to do it.

How I found out
A while ago, while I was trying to find a suitable alternative for Flickr, I ended up creating a profile on EyeEm. Since they’re partnered with Getty, some of my images were selected to be sold through Getty’s collection. I totally forgot about it, until a few weeks ago when I got an email from EyeEm: Congratulations, you sold a photo! Awwww, I made my first sale on EyeEm! For some reason, someone bought this portrait of me goofing around:

More information: Samsung used my DSLR photo to fake their phone’s “portrait mode” - DIY Photography

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.