Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Updated config returning from a test of DDWRT,

• Added VodooShield Pro;
  • Added Aomei Backupper Pro;
  • Added HashOnClick for hash value;
  • Added Google Authenticator for all gmail accounts, and Account Microsft for all Microsoft account, password stored in encrypted file storage accessible with 2FA;
  • Evaluating other Password Authenticator for near future.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Windows Defender shouldn't really conflict with anything as it is an AV and the others are Anti-Malware. On the topic of that you should choose between HMP.Alert or Zemana as they already have ransomeware protection, AM protection and if enabled together can cause conflicts and system issues. Sandboxie and SD are pretty good so keep those. Just my little though on it. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows Defender shouldn't have very much impact and will run alongside an Antimalware.
In fact Windows 10 built in security is probably the lightest option.
I might consider having defender run with HMPA and use Zemana as an on demand scanner.
Config is secure! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks guys, I'm waiting to see if Windows Defender in next relesase become really good, then I will enable it. For Zemana I need to keep it because I contribute to translation, I will put on demand if conflict arise with HMPA. For WinAntiRansom if continue to be good product for my needs I will keep. I tested NoVirusThanks in past and find good. I will try your suggestion on another testing machine :)

Reactions: King Alpha

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.