Sandboxie 5.22 Released: Windows Creator's Fall Update is now supported

Are you using Sandboxie with Windows 10?

• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I will give Sandboxie a try on Windows 10

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm not using Windows 10

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Released: Sandboxie 5.22

Changelog:
----------------------
Released on 30 October 2017.

• Windows Creator's Fall Update is now supported.
  • Made improvements to ForceFolder including adding support for "Open With" dialogs, and running registry files.
  • Added/Updated templates for AVG, BitDefender, Babylon and Opera.
  • Implemented code fixes to address "SBIE2101" issues caused by Windows Defender "App & Browser Control" in Windows 8.1 and 10 [If you are using the "Windows SmartScreen Template from Beta 5.21.7, you will need to remove it after installing Sandboxie 5.22].
  • Implemented a driver fix for a BSOD occurring when Webroot is installed and a new Sandbox is created while a ForceProcess is started.
----------------------

Download link: http://www.sandboxie.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am trying it out on fall creators update. So far, so good. With the previous stable version, I saw an error when running Internet Explorer as a forced app. But so far I don't see any issues.

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, Sandboxie is the second program I install on all my computers. (AV being the first.) I won't open a browser without using Sandboxie.

I just wish that I could get it to work with Outlook.

Reactions: shmu26

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
As far as I'm concerned, Sandboxie is the second program I install on all my computers. (AV being the first.) I won't open a browser without using Sandboxie.

Do you download Outlook from the Windows App Store? If so, then it should already be sandboxed.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
Mr. X, I'd love to see how it can work with Outlook. I've tried multiple times and one thing or another didn't work properly. If you can send me a link or a tutorial I would be grateful. I'm almost to the point of using em client and ditching Outlook because of this issue.

AP, we use Office365 at work and so our license enables me to also download and install it at home. So, I use the downloaded version of Office365, which obviously includes Outlook.

Reactions: shmu26

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Thanks for the heads up MalwareTip Bot!

Upgraded mine everything looks good.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

I think it depends a lot what you do with Outlook. I don't have a problem (Office 2016 standard edition), but then again, I don't do anything complicated with Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.