Advice Request Sandboxie and Teamspeak 3 Server possible?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Hi guys/girls, i wanted to run the current 64bit versions of Teamspeak (Server and Client) with sandboxie 5.26.
It's just for a private server to talk to a family member living in another country. No guild server with 100 people or so.
I'm able to sandbox the "client" but not the "server". The server shuts down himself every time i try to sandbox him.
I see the server starting in the sandboxie control panel then closing himself.

Tldr: I can connect to my own Ts3 Server with a sandboxed client but cant sandbox my "server" also.

Any tips if it is possible or what my error might be?

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Sandboxie display anny error during opening/closing software...
try open server in default sandbox not configured meaty it require some spaceaccess which you blocked in your rules/options.

At last you can ask dev on sandboxie forum Sandboxie Support - Index page

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Even with a new created sandbox with no setting modified it didn't work for me. I got no error of any sort displayed. Just saw Ts3 server starting
in the sandboxie control panel then it silently closing without any hint why (or and popup of any sort :/)
I think i will try a dev then i found no hints on the internet when i searched.
Thy for your help

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Even with a new created sandbox with no setting modified it didn't work for me. I got no error of any sort displayed. Just saw Ts3 server starting
in the sandboxie control panel then it silently closing without any hint why (or and popup of any sort :/)
I think i will try a dev then i found no hints on the internet when i searched.
Thy for your help
I dont wanna punish you to user other software but in my opinion discord is a better option for everything vs what offer teamspeak.
I used mumble teamspeak and discord and i rage jumped for discord since discover it.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Why would you want to sandbox your voice over teamspeak? :unsure: Even if you know who you will be talking to, someone will be targeting your ts server? I'm failing to understand the purpose of sandboxing it.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Becasue is network apps and you can attach links and files on teamspeak chat or send files p2p, and ts can be also used to infect your system even if you rare time hear about that situation somewhere is happen too.

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Quassar Since i had to delete 1xx private messages (not channel messages) in discord which had had be deleted one by one with no button to "delete all". Maybe channels work better (without the use of an bot!)?.
I expect the option to delete the messages in a whole channel with a few clicks when i'm admin not 300 clicks.
Or the option to only save only last 30+- lines and not stuff from 2016 Oo
@davisd My little paranoid heart just wants to sandbox stuff that connect to the internet if it's possible. And because i can (if it's possible) since most settings just take 3mins if it works.
If my memory serves me right it worked years ago and i wanted to do it again.

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
you can simply delete and recreate the channel same as all priv discussion. and you no need make special server to talk between peoples.
that why i droped TS because i have a lot friends and jumping between couple servers was a bit annoying.

-bump-
if you wanna use bot script you can try bots. Dyno and Mee6 can do it very well.
Any way i hope dev from sandboxie will help solve problem if no,, you have other solution on mind ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Freki123

Freki123

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Qassar That would be nice :D We never thought about the channel, just used private messages.
On the desktop client there was no option to "delete them all". And my thought was: just try Ts3 then again (till sandboxie stopped me).
So it's using channels now properly and/or see what the sandboxie devs say. Atleast i got options now :D
Thanks alot
When i said "private messages" i meant "direct messages" (when i said i had to delete them one by one.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.