Sandboxie - Block Access setting to Restrict File Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have added the location of my own files D:\* to the Resource Access > File Access > Blocked Access. Sandboxie has automatically blocked Windows File Sharing \Device\Mup\
Will this prevent software installed within the Sandbox from accessing that location and contents?

upload_2015-5-21_12-29-29.png

D

Deleted member 21043

Will this prevent software installed within the Sandbox from accessing that location and contents?
Yes. :)

Any programs you run in Sandboxie should not be able to access those locations specified. (Unless Sandboxie, for whatever reason, fails to work correctly or has a bug which prevents the feature from operating correctly - very rare).

Reactions: Venustus

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Yes.
Although Sandboxie won't allow permanent changes even if your don't block access (cool), there are chances malware can steal data by reading the files, thus I recommend using ClosedFilePath setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.