Status
Not open for further replies.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Whatever the outcome may be its a good step, at-least there is a hope.
There are also some other very good software that have been abandoned, the biggest example is Winamp.
I hope all these softwares are made open source, there will be enough people who will contribute to take them forward.

As open-source, it won't go well for Sandboxie. Sandboxie is not your typical software. It is a very high maintenance software that requires focused, sustained support. While it is possible, it is highly doubtful that the open-source types will be willing to make the time and effort commitments required to make an open-source Sanboxie viable.

"Open source ? Are you out of your Vulcan mind ?"
"Look Jim... it's dead. Sandboxie is dead Sophos killed it.!"

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
As open-source, it won't go well for Sandboxie. Sandboxie is not your typical software. It is a very high maintenance software that requires focused, sustained support. While it is possible, it is highly doubtful that the open-source types will be willing to make the time and effort commitments required to make an open-source Sanboxie viable.

"Open source ? Are you out of your Vulcan mind ?"
"Look Jim... it's dead. Sandboxie is dead Sophos killed it.!"

Some people simply refuse to accept reality. I'm no geek and even I have read enough to know open-source means the painful, agonizing death of Sandboxie, which some of its users refuse see. Blinded by emotional attachment?

My motto: Stay safe, not paranoid!

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Some people simply refuse to accept reality. I'm no geek and even I have read enough to know open-source means the painful, agonizing death of Sandboxie, which some of its users refuse see. Blinded by emotional attachment?

Laughing.... wow, you're giving the remaining Sandboxie lovers a stern shove..

But it's true. There are not too many examples of continuous effective open-source updates for free software.

My motto: Stay safe, not paranoid!

Sandboxie has quite the devoted, fanatical following. And it is for that reason that it's difficult to maintain protection has managed to survive long past its expiration date.

The Sandboxie funeral is going to be a huge one. I can just see it now. Some throwing themselves onto the casket as it is lowered into the ground. Others checking themselves into long-term psychiatric care after leaving the cemetery. Others still will just roam the countryside like aimless zombies, not knowing what to do.

Heck, if it were me, I'd just go buy a new pet chicken or goat. Move on.

PS - Sanboxie gives one a window into the life of some unfortunate souls who build their entire life around a software. As improbable as it seems, there are those that live a life that consists of nothing but their favorite software and these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Sandboxie has quite the devoted, fanatical following. And it is for that reason that it's difficult to maintain protection has managed to survive long past its expiration date.

The Sandboxie funeral is going to be a huge one. I can just see it now. Some throwing themselves onto the casket as it is lowered into the ground. Others checking themselves into long-term psychiatric care after leaving the cemetery. Others still will just roam the countryside like aimless zombies, not knowing what to do.

Heck, if it were me, I'd just go buy a new pet chicken or goat. Move on.

Even though this post is a little harsh and derisive toward our fine Sandboxie users.... it's really funny too.

And even though I don't use Sandboxie, that's what I'm a gonna do.

I'm going to buy a new pet goat. And move on.

Even though this post is a little harsh and derisive toward our fine Sandboxie users.... it's really funny too.

And even though I don't use Sandboxie, that's what I'm a gonna do.

I'm going to buy a new pet goat. And move on.

I had a cousin. He was the family favorite. Beloved by all, with a zeal and fanaticism like no other. Perhaps even obsessively. When he died, my family behaved almost exactly like I describe in that post. The only difference is that there were no zombies back then. So those ones just sat on the edge of the bed, incapable of doing anything else other than crying for hours, weeks and months. So I used some creative license there by substituting zombies for crying (if one can do nothing but cry for months, does that elevate them to zombie status ?)

If it weren't illegal, some of my relatives would have taken body parts and brought them home. Keeping them as sentimental mementos. Taking them out on holidays, perhaps his birthday.

I was young then. I was confused. And upset as to why I wasn't getting more attention. Looking back, it seems all to me like one of the best South Park episodes.

My cousin is looking down on this laughing uncontrollably. Either that or he's going punch me in my face when I see him next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Not worth even for free، nowadays sandboxes use Hardware virtualization.sandboxie is from windows XP age.
360 and comodo also use the same technology.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
png_1915.png

https://www.sandboxie.com/DownloadSandboxie
--
https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/forum/116044/sandboxie-5-31-6-available-for-download

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
There is software to make a small garbage file every time you use it. It is an invisible db file, and there is no problem in using the software without them. Although it is not related to security, sandboxy is still useful to clean up those trash.

However, it is true that it is no longer the feeling of the must-have item that I felt in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.