Advice Request Sandboxie Lifetime license. Worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Hi,

I am trying to decide if it is worth it to get the lifetime license of Sandboxie (I know @Umbra will say it is :p)

I love it, but it isn't compatible with my password manager (Norton Identity Safe).... every time I open a sandboxed browser I get an error saying "error initializing virtualization for process conthast.exe" Sandboxie's website recommends not using Norton so that Sandboxie can be used .... strangely enough I do NOT get this error when using Shade sandbox which is free; Shade seems to like Norton better than Sandboxie does... ironically though, Norton removed several of Shade's files on installation under a poor reputation detection or Trojan.Gen, so while Shade likes Norton, Norton doesn't like Shade :rolleyes:. Norton does not remove any of Sandboxie's files.

So guys, tell me why I should buy Sandboxie (if I should) :D

GO!

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Do you want it or need it? :D
Simple as that.
U want it? Better dun buy.
U need it? Seems desperate huh..

Reactions: Shran

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Do you want it or need it? :D
Simple as that.
U want it? Better dun buy.
U need it? Seems desperate huh..

I dont need it, as I have Shadow Defender... If I were to use it it would mostly be for playing around and for bragging rights to my non-security aware friends :rolleyes:

How do you mean when you say it "seems desperate"?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I believe Sandboxie free is sufficient since you already have Shadow Defender.

• Q. Which features are available in the paid version?
    • A. Two features:
      • "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name or by containing folder.
      • Run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time. This causes error SBIE1303 in the free version.
      See also: Register Sandboxie.
Read this;

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
I believe Sandboxie free is sufficient since you already have Shadow Defender.

I would tend to agree, especially since it has issues with my password manager. Also I think I would rather spend the 40$ on Glasswire (Basic, for one PC), since I really don't need forced programs. I mean, it isn't that difficult to set up sandboxie's icon to run my default browser, or to right click and say run in sandbox :rolleyes:

I just wanted to hear everyone's arguments on this

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would tend to agree, especially since it has issues with my password manager. Also I think I would rather spend the 40$ on Glasswire (Basic, for one PC), since I really don't need forced programs. I mean, it isn't that difficult to set up sandboxie's icon to run my default browser, or to right click and say run in sandbox :rolleyes:

I just wanted to hear everyone's arguments on this
Glasswire is a good monitoring software. But do you really need it?

D

Deleted member 178

sandboxie paid worth it a lot, because you can force folders. Now if you use SD on boot, Sbie is pointless.

remember that SD doesn't stop keyloggers running to call home; however Sbie can be tweaked to stop them.

Reactions: Andytay70

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
sandboxie paid worth it a lot, because you can force folders. Now if you use SD on boot, Sbie is pointless.
Yes I use SD on boot; only time I exit shadow mode is for windows updates

D

Deleted member 178

Yes I use SD on boot; only time I exit shadow mode is for windows updates

just use an antikeylogger or an outbound connection monitor and you are good. i edited my post above.

Shran

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Then comes the question of which antilogger... zemana or spy shelter. For outbound connection monitor I will purchase the basic of glasswire when I get my next paycheck :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 178

spyshelter has a firewall version so check it because it is one of the best antilogger.

spyshelter Firewall has lot of features.

Reactions: Dirk41

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
By Sandboxie alone then yes its a worth to have a lifetime license however those missing features is already occupied by your current SD, + it will really not prevent any issues to occur since sandbox functionality can affect the overall compatibility with other programs.

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Yes it is worth of it. I've been using sandboxie since a couple of years. I'm using the Free Version & haven't used the paid one yet. First try to discover the main differences b/w free & paid version & then decide it in your own.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Password managers :S
I'm curious as to what happens when you don't have access to that software or the interweb :p

I'd love to get a lifetime Sandboxie, apart from Malware protection, it helps me run multiple instances of a program ;)

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
If you have w7 it worth. but in w10 you can't run metro app in SBIE. and since more and more people will be obliged to use w10(like we don't use w98 anymore),they need to develop it. then i'll by a lifetime licence for 5 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.