Advice Request Sandboxie Lifetime license. Worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
yeah i read it on MS website. but since it was MS who said that,i didn't trust them :D

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Does Sandboxie free still has the nagging screen after 30 days?

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Not if you don't use it. I have a lifetime license and barely use it. To much of a hassle to use. Though I do use Sandboxie when testing out different firefox addons and software.

Reactions: dinosaur07

overdivine

Level 2
Verified
Aug 21, 2013
i don't trust software that changes owners. taking technology and implementing it in their products yes. same product different owner no

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
I thought to open up a thread, but I thought it might already be posted somewhere i.e related to this. Anyways, can anyone direct me to a link to some news where sandboxie mentioned why they stopped selling lifetime licenses, or if someone knows the reason and some announcement done somewhere related to it.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
I thought to open up a thread, but I thought it might already be posted somewhere i.e related to this. Anyways, can anyone direct me to a link to some news where sandboxie mentioned why they stopped selling lifetime licenses, or if someone knows the reason and some announcement done somewhere related to it.
Official post was located here: http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16676 but seems to be dead now.
Anyways here is what they said:

"To ensure future growth of Sandboxie, the licensing model shifts today from a lifetime licensing model to an annual licensing model.

Licenses issued in the past which did not include an expiration date will remain without expiration date, and may be used on more than one computer, per past licensing terms.

All new licenses issued starting today will expire in one year after initial activation of the product key, and are limited to one computer per one product key.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Official post was located here: http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16676 but seems to be dead now.
Anyways here is what they said:

"To ensure future growth of Sandboxie, the licensing model shifts today from a lifetime licensing model to an annual licensing model.

Licenses issued in the past which did not include an expiration date will remain without expiration date, and may be used on more than one computer, per past licensing terms.

All new licenses issued starting today will expire in one year after initial activation of the product key, and are limited to one computer per one product key.
Thanks a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.