i5, 4GB, 250 SSD
GPU integrated

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You have 2 security solutions in resident protection running at the same time, not recommended...

EAM is antimalware solution. What is wrong?
That's why, You don't need one of them, in this case probably better stay with EAM, since Smart is the simplest product from ESET.

ESET Smart or Smart Premium?

satria

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 5, 2013
You have 2 security solutions in resident protection running at the same time, not recommended...

That's why, You don't need one of them, in this case probably better stay with EAM, since Smart is the simplest product from ESET.

ESET Smart or Smart Premium?

Eset Smart

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
not advisable to have two antivirus software in a computer . Unless EAMkit which is something else . Stick to one of them definitely . whichever you like . both EAM and ESET atr very good

Reactions: satria

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
:) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:

satria

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 5, 2013
:) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:

Thank you for your advice. I think I keep Eset and use Emsisift Emergency Kit as a removal tool.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Thanks.
How to edit my configuration?
Go to the 1st post on top right and click over here:

-> Edit Thread...

Please reflect the new config changes and announce them here in a new post, thanks :giggle:

Reactions: blackice and satria

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@satria:
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and HitManPro Free.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add uBlock Origin or AdGuard AdBlocker extension to Your browsers, also specify which VPN service are You using.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.