Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Say goodbye to these Windows 10 features in the Creators Update

Microsoft is expected to begin the process of finalizing the Windows 10 Creators Update in the next few days, selecting a release candidate which should make its way to Windows Insiders from next week. The final update is expected to roll out to all Windows 10 users from next month - heading to PCs first, and other devices later - bringing a wide range of new features and improvements to the OS. Some of the new additions include:
...and that's just a small sample of the many improvements and additions that Microsoft is making to Windows 10 in the Creators Update. But while all sorts of new features will be added, Microsoft is ending development of others, and removing some entirely from the OS.

The company has published a list of features that it's removed or deprecated in the update. It explained:

The following features and functionalities in the Windows 10 Creators Update edition have either been removed from the product in the current release (“Removed”) or are not in active development and are planned for potential removal in subsequent releases (“Deprecated”).

This list is intended for IT professionals who are updating operating systems in a commercial environment. The plan and list are subject to change and may not include every deprecated feature or functionality.

Removed features
  • By default, Flash autorun in Edge is turned off. Use the Click-to-Run (C2R) option instead. (This setting can be changed by the user.)
  • Interactive Service Detection Service
  • Microsoft Paint for languages that are not on the full localization list
  • NPN support in TLS (superseded by ALPN)
  • Windows Information Protection "AllowUserDecryption" policy
  • WSUS for Windows Mobile, updates are being transitioned to the new Unified Update Platform (UUP)
Deprecated features
  • Apndatabase.xml is being replaced by the COSA database. Therefore, some constructs will no longer function. This includes Hardware ID, incoming SMS messaging rules in mobile apps, a list of privileged apps in mobile apps, autoconnect order, APN parser, and CDMAProvider ID.
  • Apps Corner
  • Reading List
  • Tile Data Layer
  • TLS DHE_DSS ciphers DisabledByDefault
  • TCPChimney
  • IPsec task offload
Additionally, some features that were originally announced as part of the Creators Update haven't made the cut. The new My People communications experience on PCs has been dropped for now, and it's also looking increasingly unlikely that Night Light and improvements to Continuum will be added to the Creators Update for Windows 10 Mobile devices.

These features, along with other improvements - such as the Project Neon design overhaul - are likely to arrive in the Redstone 3 update towards the end of 2017. Builds from the Redstone 3 development branch have already been compiled internally, and the first RS3 Insider Preview is expected to be made available before the end of next month.

Source: Microsoft via My IT Forum

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
18 hours Active hours is still NOT enough. I often stay up very late in the night, sometimes even up to 3AM. I want to set Windows Update to a very narrow update window between 3AM and 6AM. That's when I never use my PC. 18 hours means I can only limit it between midnight and 6AM...

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
18 hours Active hours is still NOT enough. I often stay up very late in the night, sometimes even up to 3AM. I want to set Windows Update to a very narrow update window between 3AM and 6AM. That's when I never use my PC. 18 hours means I can only limit it between midnight and 6AM...
You should put active hours from 9am to 3am. This way the update will happen after 3am and for sure it will not take more than 3 hours to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.