Scorpion Illuminati - Random Apps Can't Be Opened

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
I keep getting Windows cannot find C:\<Random App>. In this case, I can't even uninstall the app to try to reinstall it. This has been happening for a while now and others have suggested running /SFC which didn't help. At this point, I am starting to think I somehow got infected which is weird cause I am usually very careful about what I do. I am attaching the logs for both malwarebytes and FRSTin hopes someone can help me.

Attachments

• VPN Not Found.png
    VPN Not Found.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    40.3 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    80.7 KB · Views: 2
  • malwarebytes_5-10-19.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 2

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I suspect your hard drive might be dying:

Error: (05/10/2019 09:13:26 PM) (Source: Disk) (EventID: 11) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You need to try this and to test your hard drive from a low level:

There is a tutorial here as well and how to burn it and start it:

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
You need to try this and to test your hard drive from a low level:

There is a tutorial here as well and how to burn it and start it:

I have a gaming laptop and don't have a CD-Rom, how do I create a USB Stick?

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
Just follow that tutorial.
Ok, I followed the tutorial on creating a Ultimate CD Usb Stick. However when I try to select in the boot menu after hitting F11 during boot, it just loops back to the boot menu no matter how many times I select it. Usb works fine when viewed through windows explorer so I know it was created successfully.

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
Since it'snot possible to edit my last post to include screenshot proof, I'll just post a reply with the image attached. Sorry if I'm violating some bumping rules, but I had no other option.
UBCD538 File Explorer.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.