Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looking to buy a mono laser printer with networking (Ethernet).

I found this, but looking to see what you use, and your experience with your mono laser printer.

Do you know of any better deals, what about HP cash-back offers, or is there a hidden catch?

Cheers. :D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone? :huh:

Looking for one with Networking (prefer Ethernet port for router).

Which brands do you recommend?

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Don't get the OKI one.
Had an OKI mono laser printer once, it was bad, never worked when i needed it to.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
The Brother HL series are very good, we use and sell them at work. Samsung are good also. These should be good machines from my experience. I also like Epson Inkjets but haven't used any of their Laser machines.

http://www.ryman.co.uk/3997120000/Brother-HL-2270DW-Mono-Laser-Printer/Product
http://www.ryman.co.uk/3997120008/Samsung-ML-1865W-Mono-Laser-Printer-Wireless/Product
http://www.ryman.co.uk/3997120016/Samsung-ML-2580N-Mono-Laser-Printer/Product

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks, I'm going to have a look at those. :D

Just a question. What is the memory used for, and does more mean better?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
HP Jetlaser are good. Lasted for about 3-4years with daily use. I suggest you buy a printer that is a bit more expensive since the cheap one are bad quality.

If you do buy a laser printer don't place in the bedroom or living room, maybe a place that you don't visit to often; is has been shown that it radiation is not good for the health.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
MetalShaun said:
I think its Ozone or something.

now that you meantion it... it is this substance. Ozon means smell in Greek and is for instance made if someone is welding (in very very small quantity) and printers. if more than 28mg is breath in you might die.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
A laser printer isn't going to generate any more Ozone than an Ionic Air Purifier, and hospitals use those to clean the air around very ill people. ;)

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Needing a new printer myself, have always used Canon... so will be keeping a sharp eye on this thread rather than create my own (I'm nice like that! lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.