Privacy News Secret Mastercard contract sent Offline Transaction Records to Google

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Hmmmmmm..........thinking of changing to VISA card now

LOL... VISA sells its data too. Every single credit card company does. Not to mention that they report all your data to consumer reporting bureaus. With that, all your personal data resides on many different servers and when those servers get hacked proper, your data is compromised.

There is no way of reigning it in until companies are held liable. Until that changes, nothing will change.

D

Deleted member 178

Not saying banks make a profile of you based on your age, gender, ethnicity, social level, salary, expenses/savings behaviors, banks relations, etc... to tag you as bad or good customer deserving quality services or not... blindsided people complain about some tech giants data mining, when they totally ignore the oldest one...

itwt

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
This is one of the ways these corporations have become so big. Many more such clandestine agreements would be in place for big corporations like Google and mastercard probably.

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Not saying banks make a profile of you based on your age, gender, ethnicity, social level, salary, expenses/savings behaviors, banks relations, etc... to tag you as bad or good customer deserving quality services or not... blindsided people complain about some tech giants data mining, when they totally ignore the oldest one...

itwt

True. I once casually searched information regarding various medical insurance schemes online from the very next day onward I started seeing ads about medical insurances in many web sites that I frequently visits. I even started receiving medical insurance ads in my gmail ID. It is almost impossible to stay anonymous in Internet life when giants like Google, FB, MS exists.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.