SecuraLive Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
SecuraLive Antivirus includes virus engine Ikarus for protection in real-time proactive protection from unknown threats using emulation code scanning web traffic and check USB-devices.
SecuraLive Antivirus - easy to use and flexible to configure antivirus and antispyware, including engine Ikarus effective and proactive protection to block all kinds of malware.Antivirus solution uses signatures that carry thousands of malicious code into a single sample. These codes help identify and fix a wide range of viruses, spyware, malware and other threats.SecuraLive Antivirus offers a simple security solution that requires no additional configuration after installation - effectively works by default, without affecting system resources. Protection runs in the background without interrupting the activity on your computer.

Basic advantages SecuraLive Antivirus:

• Blocks viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits and other threats without user intervention or continuous alerts.
• Proactive protection against known and unknown threats.
• High speed and performance of your PC.
• Blocks phishing attacks, hackers and online fraud.
• Hourly signature updates to detect the latest threats.
• Blocks malicious software that can change security settings.
• Easy-to-use interface.
• Quick and easy installation.
• Blocks threats that spread through removable storage devices.
• Monitoring of USB-drives.
• Improved security with password protection settings.

Key features SecuraLive Antivirus
Proactive real-time protection
Technology emulation code SecuraLive Code Emulations detects unknown malware in real time. SecuraLive Antivirus antivirus system uses a single, unified mechanism scanning engine Ikarus, providing complete protection without sacrificing speed and blocking zero-day threats as they emerge. Protection in real time, validating malicious activity in the core Windows, prevents threats before they can be executed and removes all traces of viruses, spyware, malware and other threats from the active processes and registry.

High productivity and performance

With SecuraLive no need to sacrifice performance of the system to detect threats. Processes of scanning and updating processes occur in the background without any noticeable performance degradation, minimizing the impact on the productivity of the computer.

Protection and control of external USB-drives

SecuraLive Antivirus prevents and eliminates all kinds of autorun-viruses that start automatically when you connect removable data storage media (external HDD-drives, USB-stick) and create a point spread malicious software from removable devices on other systems.

The function also allows you to:
- Enable / disable files that will run on USB drives;
- Enable / disable copying files to USB drives;
- Enable / disable autorun files;
- Offers password protection for access to USB drives;
- Magazine provides complete access history USB-drives, together with information about the files that were copied to external storage media.

Http-scanner

Blocks malicious downloads, web scripts, code injection, malicious content, which refers to dangerous resources.

Anti-virus database

Small hourly signature updates that have a common definition of thousands of variants of malicious code in one sample, can detect and remove a wide range of viruses, spyware and malware, and other threats.

Quarantine

Infected objects can be quarantined before taking any steps, if cleaning is not passed successfully. After that, the object can be easily returned to its original place. Quarantined files are encrypted, preventing further reproduction.

Screenshots:

securalive_antivirus_1.png

securalive_antivirus_2.png

securalive_antivirus_4.png

securalive_antivirus_5.png

securalive_antivirus_6.png

securalive_antivirus_16.png

SecuraLive

Level 1
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have posted a response in the other thread, but here it is again.

Thanks for posting about SecuraLive. For those wanting to test the SecuraLive Internet Security drop me a PM and Ill give you a free 1 year license to test it out. Will give away up to 10 licenses for testing. We also love to get some valuable feedback as well. Please note that our latest version has a new fast scan engine and extremely light on resources. For those that already have a copy please redownload the latest version for much better performance. Should you have any questions please feel free to post here or drop me a line.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
What do you mean by new fast engine? In-House or New Third Party?
Have you dropped Ikarus?

SecuraLive

Level 1
Sep 23, 2015
What do you mean by new fast engine? In-House or New Third Party?
Have you dropped Ikarus?

Please note that Ikarus is not an engine but a Database. We are using our own engine and use a combination of Ikarus and our own database as Ikarus has a lot of false positives. The latest version on our website is a whole lot faster as well. If you havent already you may want to download the latest versions of IS and AV from our website (www.securalive.com).

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
You have a forum (community), beta-testing section?
Where can I see a complete changelog?

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
You are using your own firewall or firewall windows? Are there any advanced settings firewall (block IP, block an IP range, IPS,IDS... etc)?

SecuraLive

Level 1
Sep 23, 2015
You are using your own firewall or firewall windows? Are there any advanced settings firewall (block IP, block an IP range, IPS,IDS... etc)?

Use own firewall and no advanced settings. Most dont support if its just Internet security. Why dont you try the software and check it out yourself and take it for a spin?

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
I just download the free one and it started a .zip file which only contained a single .exe file. Even the space was not much compressed it just saves 6MB any specific reason?

Seems to use lots of ram currently on 340 Mb. After some time came down to 130 MB which is fine. Amazing its currently at 35 Mb.

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Use own firewall and no advanced settings. Most dont support if its just Internet security. Why dont you try the software and check it out yourself and take it for a spin?

Just one question, does SecuraLive can be used with another antivirus like a companion AV ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Sven

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I just download the free one and it started a .zip file which only contained a single .exe file. Even the space was not much compressed it just saves 6MB any specific reason?

Seems to use lots of ram currently on 340 Mb.

I haven't tested this much on my host system but I have tested it enough to know the RAM goes down under 100MB of RAM after awhile and doesn't go anywhere near 200MB (normally sticks around 75MB to around 140MB). I've only seen 2 processes but of course I was using the heavier Ultimate Security version which had RAM going over 400MB at first.

I won't be using this until I test it again malware in a VM myself. I have installed it on host many times though (today also).

Now just some general comments/questions. It's install/uninstall process is pretty clean compared to other AV's. Does leave a folder (net filter or something like that) in the C: directory and if deleted, it will kill the internet. In my opinion, that should either be moved or locked/hidden. It doesn't even require admin privileges to delete it. On the comparison chart, Block Page Info is listed but none of them have a check for it. Not really sure why it's listed if none of them have it. SecuraLive doesn't slow down my computer at all but like any AV, it slows down boot up (normal slow down, nothing to complain about on my end).

It's nice that SecuraLive has a free version. People seem to be more willingly to try something new if it has a free version and might consider buying a premium version. It's also great that SecuraLive give the user direct options after detecting something rather than doing what it wants. Not many do that so nice to see. Would actually like it to have options of Exclude or Add to Exclusion, Quarantine, Delete (permanent) instead of Ignore or quarantine. It does seem like ignore allows the file to run unlike some other AV that will simply block it's access to run when you chose to ignore it.

Backing up the file is cool. Very very few have this feature. The only other AV that I know of that does this is Nano Antivirus. I haven't actually got to use the other features yet at malware never even gets to run on my system (I know malware and such when I see it), but I will test this out in a VM and comment later about my experience. It would be great if the Web Filtering was included in the free version. I don't like when free AV skip out on one of the most important aspects of an AV. Unless it does include web filtering but without the custom 100 categories part of it.

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
I haven't tested this much on my host system but I have tested it enough to know the RAM goes down under 100MB of RAM after awhile and doesn't go anywhere near 200MB (normally sticks around 75MB to around 140MB). I've only seen 2 processes but of course I was using the heavier Ultimate Security version which had RAM going over 400MB at first.

I won't be using this until I test it again malware in a VM myself. I have installed it on host many times though (today also).

Now just some general comments/questions. It's install/uninstall process is pretty clean compared to other AV's. Does leave a folder (net filter or something like that) in the C: directory and if deleted, it will kill the internet. In my opinion, that should either be moved or locked/hidden. It doesn't even require admin privileges to delete it. On the comparison chart, Block Page Info is listed but none of them have a check for it. Not really sure why it's listed if none of them have it. SecuraLive doesn't slow down my computer at all but like any AV, it slows down boot up (normal slow down, nothing to complain about on my end).

It's nice that SecuraLive has a free version. People seem to be more willingly to try something new if it has a free version and might consider buying a premium version. It's also great that SecuraLive give the user direct options after detecting something rather than doing what it wants. Not many do that so nice to see. Would actually like it to have options of Exclude or Add to Exclusion, Quarantine, Delete (permanent) instead of Ignore or quarantine. It does seem like ignore allows the file to run unlike some other AV that will simply block it's access to run when you chose to ignore it.

Backing up the file is cool. Very very few have this feature. The only other AV that I know of that does this is Nano Antivirus. I haven't actually got to use the other features yet at malware never even gets to run on my system (I know malware and such when I see it), but I will test this out in a VM and comment later about my experience. It would be great if the Web Filtering was included in the free version. I don't like when free AV skip out on one of the most important aspects of an AV. Unless it does include web filtering but without the custom 100 categories part of it.

After some time now its stable at 14 Mb the only Av i could remember which takes less ram is web- root which is an cloud AV.
Its clean and detection rate is also good. I am unable to disable real time protection (cant find). It has capacity to be one of the best AV out there.

Reactions: Andrew999
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.