New Features Secure your MalwareTips Account - Enable Two-Step Verification

Did you enable Two-Step Verification for your MalwareTips account?

• Yes

Votes: 135 30.0%
  • No, but I will now

Votes: 158 35.1%
  • No, I do not need this

Votes: 157 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello guys,
We would like to introduce to our community a new feature that will greatly increase your account security. Today we have enabled the Two-Step Verification system, and we strongly recommend that you enable this feature for your account.
Two-step verification increases the security of your account by requiring you to provide an additional code to complete the login process. If your password is ever compromised, this verification will help prevent unauthorized access to your account.

How to enable the Two-Step Verification
  1. Hover over your username in the top navigation bar, then select "Two-Step Verification".
    Or alternatively you can just go to: https://malwaretips.com/account/two-step
    1.jpg

2. You will now be prompted to enter your account password.

2.jpg

3. You will now see the Two-step option.
    And you will have here the following options:
    • Verification Code via App
      This allows you to generate a verification code using an app on your phone.
    • Email Confirmation
      This will send a code via email to verify your login. Other two-step verification methods should be chosen over this if possible.

3.jpg
  4. We will now enable the Email Confirmation verification, however you can also chose the Verification Code via App. Once we click on the Enable button, next to the Email Confirmation, an email from MalwareTips will be sent your email address with a code number. Go to your email and copy the code sent by MalwareTips.
    4.jpg

5. Enter the code that we have sent you in the verification box. You have now enabled Two-Step Verification on your account, which will drastically increase your account security.
    Important! Once you have completed this process, our system will generate back-up codes for your account.
    These codes can be used to log in if you don't have access to other verification methods. Keep these codes in a safe and secure place. DO NOT share them with anyone.

5.jpg
Stay safe!

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does app 2-step verification works with Authy app? If it does, then only thing you need to use 2-step verification is chrome & Authy app for Chrome. I use that app on my phone and Chrome and it works fine, but didn't yet enabled it on MT.

Yes, you can use Authy or Google Authenticator. Else email verification can be used.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I keep try to log in with a different browser and getting the following error occurred The he two-step verification value could not be confirmed. Please try again.two-step verification value could not be confirmed. Please try again.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Hi @Jack!
Awesome feature, but I login via my facebook id (that has already 2 step authentication so practically I've already two step verification at malwaretips.com)
So I'm not having passwords I think so that I could enable it at MalwareTips as well, may be I'll have to reset my password in order to gain one for malwaretips.com.
LFeQg7t.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.