Advice Request SecureAPlus and Java

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
When I run Java programs in IntelliJ with SecureAPlus Premium installed, Java takes extra long to parse. (Or is it just me?)

This gets really annoying after running a program many times (changing code/debugging). Any fixes?

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
If SecureAPlus Premium scans all the files concerned each time you run a project, maybe it can impact.
What do you mean by "takes extra long to parse" ? How many extra time in comparison with testing the same without SecureAPlus Premium activated ?
I use NetBeans IDE 8.1 and Kaspersky Total Security : each time I run a project, I don't always see the KTS icon reacting (scan on files). "Intelligent analyse" is set.
It seems to scan some files especially when I run the IDE the first time for a particular session (IDE update).

"SecureAPlus is the antivirus software that uses 12 Antiviruses at a time to automatically scan your computer for the best malware and virus protection. It has higher detection rates without slowing your computer down with regular online scans by using cloud antivirus engines to provide the most accurate diagnosis when a threat is detected.

This effectively gives you a second opinion using 12 different antivirus engines without the extra hassle on you and your PC. It’s about time security did all its heavy lifting in the cloud."

Each time you run (debug, modify, etc...) your java project, I hope it doesn't send all the java files concerned to their cloud to scan them :eek:
But I think that .java are not supposed to be scan, but .jar

Last edited:
Reactions: Smith83

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If SecureAPlus Premium scans all the files concerned each time you run a project, maybe it can impact. What do you mean by "takes extra long to parse" ? How many extra time in comparison with testing the same without SecureAPlus Premium activated ?
I use NetBeans IDE 8.1 and Kaspersky Total Security : each time I run a project, I don't always see the KTS icon reacting (scan on files). "Intelligent analyse" is set.
It seems to scan some files especially when I run the IDE the first time for a particular session.

"SecureAPlus is the antivirus software that uses 12 Antiviruses at a time to automatically scan your computer for the best malware and virus protection. It has higher detection rates without slowing your computer down with regular online scans by using cloud antivirus engines to provide the most accurate diagnosis when a threat is detected.

This effectively gives you a second opinion using 12 different antivirus engines without the extra hassle on you and your PC. It’s about time security did all its heavy lifting in the cloud."

Each time you run (debug, modify, etc...) your java project, I hope it doesn't send all the java files concerned on their cloud to scan them :eek:
that explanation definitely makes sense. since java = executable files, that means that SAP will upload each .js to the cloud, and wait for an answer, and that causes a lot of delay.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Add the folder with your work to exclusions, and then SAP will leave it alone.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
The point is, other security solutions do not slow Java down as much as this. I'm estimating this slowdown to be a few seconds delay.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
The point is, other security solutions do not slow Java down as much as this. I'm estimating this slowdown to be a few seconds delay.
Maybe there is a thread about this problem on their forum.
I don't use this product, but I find strange this slowdown, too.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
other security solutions don't have such a slow and clunky way of uploading every new executable. I am a former SAP user, and I am guessing that is the reason, but if I was you, I would email them about it. they do answer inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.