SecureAPlus and Offline AV engine in realtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello, I wan't to know if SecureAPlus can protect your pc like avast free or avira free in realtime and alone, just with Offline AV.
I don't wan't to know if there's any phishing protection (I use bdfe TrafficLight) and I have KeyScramble, MBAE and Windows FW control.
@+

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The Offline AV isn't a recommended solution prior its based on Clam AV (open source) which holds a very least of database and may bypassed most common viruses/malware. However the whitelisting technology should help to you however better to have internet connection to reduce any alerts and mark only those very premature programs.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hello, I wan't to know if SecureAPlus can protect your pc like avast free or avira free in realtime and alone, just with Offline AV.
I don't wan't to know if there's any phishing protection (I use bdfe TrafficLight) and I have KeyScramble, MBAE and Windows FW control.
@+

Just as @jamescv7 mentioned, SecureAPlus Application Whitelisting works offline as well, together with the optional Offline AV. With this in mind, the Application Whitelisting (along with the Offline AV) component will be able protect your PC from potential threats that traditional standalone offline anti-virus solutions might miss.

Though do keep in mind that one of the core strengths of SecureAPlus on top of its threat blocking capabilities is it's ability to combat false positives by diagnosing potential threats with multiple engines. You are still protected simply by leaving potential threats blocked but without an internet connection, you are left to with your own and the offline AV's judgment of a blocked threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.