Securing our future - Mikko Hypponen

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Quote: " As connected devices open new opportunities for imagination, they also open up new opportunities for online criminals. Where are we today? Where are we going? And how are we ever going to secure a billion new devices that will be going online over the next decade. "

Mikko Hypponen is the Chief Research Officer for F-Secure.

This is IMO a very interesting and good security/privacy information video in a little more wider term but also about products like Google, Facebook and Twitter and even hackable light bulbs etc. Check it out if you like. :)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've watched both talks on TED my Mikko and he is very good, plus he has the ability to draw you in to the conversation, and easy to understand. A lot of experts out there throw out linguistic place-fillers which no one understands i.e., dark matter. Whether or not a light bulb is a threat, but would be fun to mess around with neighbours lighting.

P.S. I'm never going to mess with the robotics used in the OR, didn't know a robot had killed someone.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.