Security Alert: RIG EK Exploits Outdated Popular Apps, Spreads Cerber Ransomware

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to quickly share our latest security alert.

At the moment, cybercriminals are using a swarm of malicious domains to launch drive-by attacks against unsuspecting users.

The campaign works by injecting malicious scripts into insecure or compromised systems. Victims can get infected simply by browsing the compromised or infected websites, without clicking on anything. What exposes them to this attack are outdated versions of the following apps: Flash Player, Silverlight, Internet Explorer or Edge.

The alert includes all the details, and I highly recommend you check your apps. Hopefully, there's nothing out of date on your systems that could expose you.

Have a good weekend!

SKG2016

Level 1
Verified
Dec 19, 2016
Can it exploit Google Chrome in incognito mode? I believe GC in incog mode with cookie disabled is very robust against web exploit and malicious code injections.

Reactions: KGBagent47

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.