Q&A Security app with the web protection for "other" Internet browsers

Discussion in 'Other Security for Android and iOS' started by JKozarac, Apr 15, 2017.

1. JKozarac

JKozarac Level 1

Aug 24, 2014
    Can you tell me (recommend me) which security Android application has the web protection feature BUT that that feature is possible with the most Internet browsers not only with the Android default browser or Google Chrome.
    For example: ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus supports only default browser and Google Chrome. Ikarus Mobile Security as well. I want the security app which has the web security feature that supports Opera or Firefox or any other browser. Do you know some unless BitDefender Mobile Security & Antivirus which has that feature, (only for Firefox, not for Opera).
  2. ttto

ttto Level 7

Sep 22, 2016
    MacOS High Sierra
    Norton Mobile Security, that is the one I use, supports FF and Opera, but I don't know if it supports other browsers less used.
    rockstarrocks and JKozarac like this.
  3. JKozarac

JKozarac Level 1

Aug 24, 2014
    Thank you for the fast response :)
    Anybody else?
    ttto likes this.
  4. Amelith Nargothrond

Mar 22, 2017
    Windows 10
  5. Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones Level 5

Jun 5, 2014
    IT professional, real estate developer
    Windows 10
    i know dr.web supports opera too. in fact very good webshield.
    rockstarrocks likes this.
  6. Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier Level 25

Feb 13, 2017
    PLC programmer - Robotics industry
    Windows 10
    I use Adguard Android paid version that blocks ads and web threats acting at OS level then I think all browsers are supported.
    Of course it is not an antivirus but you can use it alongside the one you are already using.
    rockstarrocks and Urusen like this.
  7. oneeye

oneeye Level 3

Jul 14, 2014
    building trades
    north america
    Sophos mobile security is free, no ads, and very comprehensive. It covers Firefox and chrome, plus multitudes of features. Check it out, they tested in the top of the two major testing companies, AV Test, & AV Comparatives. But really, the best thing you can dip in Firefox, is just harden the browser itself with
    add-ons. Also, using one of the adblocker apk's that are no-root, is a better solution for other times. Especially the ones you can find over at XDA Developers. Blockthis.com is free, and Blockada is the name of another. Both filter more than just ads, and are dead simple to use. Anyways, Hope this helps.
    rockstarrocks likes this.
  8. Xsjx

Xsjx Level 13

Feb 21, 2017
    Windows 10
    Avira pro mobile has in browser protection
    ( bitdefender And most let the page Load after it loades they warm you with à pop-up to leave it But its still
    Not blocked. )

I dont know the browsers Avira support But i try to find it.
  9. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 26

Jan 27, 2017
    IT Security Engineer
    Other OS
    V3 by Ahn Labs.. It will work with any browser.

Fantastic product as well and has gone totally free now (with no ads)
    Gandalf_The_Grey likes this.
  10. ant_gamal

ant_gamal Level 4

Dec 30, 2016
    Windows 10
    i use it now but have some issue

1- heavy if you run scan you can not use another app if you scan ( my mobile asus with intel 4 core processor )
    2- not running in the background i do not know why although i make configuration to run when phone start up so i must run it and not close it

i tried bitdefender great but i do not know support of browser cos i use chrome all the time
    the best i think

hope to try kaspersky
    Game Of Thrones likes this.
  11. Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones Level 5

Jun 5, 2014
    IT professional, real estate developer
    Windows 10
    i did not had any of this problems, but i myself do not use a security app on my s8 plus do not download unknown apps and download from google play and you are 99% safe
  12. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 35
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    #12 HarborFront, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018