Security Configuration of Elba

Y

yigido

I am looking for something good.
My recommend is always COMODO , it is free and it can give the best protection to you on this market!
Please check it here : Cloud Antivirus | Comodo Free Proactive Protection Software

Todays threats are unknowns! So you cannot let an unknown application run in your PC. Comodo works with Default Deny mechanism.
It only allows to run "whitelisted" applications. Your system always safe and secure.
If there is an unknown app, then it goes to automatic sandbox and it won't hurt you and your files.
If it is known malware for Comodo, then it goes to quarantine. You can use Comodo as anti-exe with more usability.
You can set Comodo to "Block all unknowns" so there will be no running unknowns on your PC but safe ones.

Comodo Sandbox has 3 options for all users needs, Containment is the most powerful side of Comodo.

1- Sanbox all untrusted applications (default - Comodo virtualize all unknowns)
2- Run only safe application (This is anti-exe with more usability. You can set it for your grandma/pa PCs or your children)
3- Ask for untrusted application (If an unknown tries to run, Comodo asks you for the action)

With one of this settings, no matter which one of this, your system and files always stay safe & secure.
You cannot risk your computer with running unknown applications.
Comodo gives all of these staff for FREE!

I recommend you to do best decision. Stay safe!
yigido,

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you are not using any 3rd party real time protection then you should enable UAC to Max and enable Smartscreen to maximize Windows built in protection.
Any browser extensions? Consider HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin.
Consider CCleaner or Privazer.
Consider some type of data and system back up solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Elba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2013
Hello @Elba. Did you disabled Windows Defender? You should turn it on. A zero-day in your browser, a plugin like Flash, or Windows itself could open the door to infection. In the meantime, use Windows Defender while you're still looking for an AV. :)

I will turn on Windows Defender.
I have Flash, adblock plus.

Elba

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2013
If you are not using any 3rd party real time protection then you should enable UAC to Max and enable Smartscreen to maximize Windows built in protection.
Any browser extensions? Consider HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin.
Consider CCleaner or Privazer.
Consider some type of data and system back up solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Thanks for advices.
What can you suggest to back up my system? And data?
I know CCleaner. :)
I will try HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin

Reactions: Logethica

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for advices.
What can you suggest to back up my system? And data?
I know CCleaner. :)
I will try HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin
for backup, use macrium reflect or aomei. I personally like macrium.
it will backup system and data.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So: Macrium for data and system back up.
Voodooshield if it is easy to use. :)
it's easy, but FYI some people complain of a bug that it sometimes causes their system to freeze after coming out of sleep, this never happened to me, but if it happens to you, I think there is some kind of workaround...

Reactions: Logethica

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Please follow suggestions about backups as @frogboy said. Please install some good browser extensions as @exterminator20 said, and maybe add also ZAM Free and SandBoxie Free (use it while browsing to have more protection). Another good extension is Disconnect.
And defintely enable SmartScreen.
And yes also replace uBlock Origin with adblock plus.

Thanks for sharing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.