Security software (Avast IS + MBAM Pro + SAS Pro + Peerblock)

A

antreas

Thread author
hello guys i'm new here i see this websites many times when i was searching on Google so today i joined .

i have only one question i use avast internet security malwarebytes antimalware pro superantispyware pro and peerblock i am safe or i need anything else?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
1. SuperAntiSpyware isn't needed as Malwarebytes is better overall.
2. Avast isn't that great, but malwarebytes will help you with that.
3. Peerblocks bad IPs from connecting to you.

It looks pretty good to me though.

Reactions: Countryboy_MN
A

antreas

Thread author
superantispyware need too because yesterday i try to open zip file and superantispyware pro block it and malwarebytes pro block many bad websites

sorry for my english

& is your pc still running fast?
yes my laptop is 2 years old windows 8.1 and still run fast :) i try to do anything i can for make my laptop happy

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
superantispyware need too because yersteday i try to open zip file and superantispyware pro block it and malwarebytes pro block many bad websites
I don't understand?

A

antreas

Thread author
I don't understand?
i mean the computer need superantispyware too because malwarebytes can't catch everything

sorry for my English :(

so anyone have anything else to suggest me change something to something better?

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
i mean the computer need superantispyware too because malwarebytes can't catch everything

sorry for my English :(

so anyone have anything else to suggest me change something to something better?
Nothing can "catch everything", but i can tell you Malwarebytes will catch more than SuperAntiSpyware.... (Their Detection Rate Is Horrible).

Reactions: Littlebits

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You have to understand it doesn't make difference to what security products that you use, none of them will protect you against all online threats. Your actions is what will offer you the best protection.

1. Never download files unless you know they are safe- use a download site like Softpedia which scans all files for malware.
2. Never click on social links on Facebook or other sites.
3. Never click on email links or download any files from emails.
4. Utilize UAC on Windows (never approve anything not known to be safe).
5. Keep Windows and all of your software updated, vulnerabilities can be exploited and bypass any security software.

Always use a secure updated browser with security add-ons (adblock, WOT, LastPass, etc.)

Once you learn how to safely download files and browse the web, you will not need all of those extra security products.
Just a basic AV will be enough along with knowledge.

Enjoy!! :D

A

antreas

Thread author
You have to understand it doesn't make difference to what security products that you use, none of them will protect you against all online threats. Your actions is what will offer you the best protection.

1. Never download files unless you know they are safe- use a download site like Softpedia which scans all files for malware.
2. Never click on social links on Facebook or other sites.
3. Never click on email links or download any files from emails.
4. Utilize UAC on Windows (never approve anything not known to be safe).
5. Keep Windows and all of your software updated, vulnerabilities can be exploited and bypass any security software.

Always use a secure updated browser with security add-ons (adblock, WOT, LastPass, etc.)

Once you learn how to safely download files and browse the web, you will not need all of those extra security products.
Just a basic AV will be enough along with knowledge.

Enjoy!! :D
i check all the files on virustotal.com then i open them and i use adblock plus,WOT,javascript popup blocker,click&clean,ghostery and zenmate on google chrome for my privacy and secure i am good?

Reactions: conceptualclarity
A

antreas

Thread author
Then you can get by just using Avast, no need for those extra security products, they will just use up resources and slow down your system.

Thanks. :D
nvm i feel safe when i have all those downloaded :D because i was 5 days with out my laptop some months ago because something happen and i was like dead i was sleeping all the day

thank you all for your help and i will stay on this websites is useful good work to the developers of this website

Reactions: Littlebits

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I suggest everyone consider adding an anti-keylogger program to their security configuration. There have been tests on them. The most highly regarded is Spy Shelter pro, runnerup Zemana pro.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
I suggest everyone consider adding an anti-keylogger program to their security configuration. There have been tests on them. The most highly regarded is Spy Shelter pro, runnerup Zemana pro.

Not everyone does banking/business on their computer though. Yes, they can still steal other account credentials, but as long as you can recover them there's no need for a specific keylogger in my opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.