Security Space 11 is nice, with one caveat.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
I really like Dr. Web.. I have 10 licenses good for 3 years.

One issue I discovered, if you have internet speeds of 300Mbps or higher the firewall component will murder the speed and stability of your connection. So install it without the firewall component if you have a speedy connection.

If you have 1000Mbps or close speeds, Dr. Web scanning throughput will show it's limitations for you. It literally cannot scan files at 1000Mbps (or close) reliably, and will stall your connection speed while files are scanned.

Other than these two issues, I find the product quite nice.. The BB isn't the strongest but the overall product seems to be nice and stable and attractive.. Also I like the fact that Dr. Web catches some strange stuff a lot of other products miss.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
I do not trust Dr web because USA trusts it and never blame it for espionage sort of things

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton

One issue I discovered, if you have internet speeds of 300Mbps or higher the firewall component will murder the speed and stability of your connection. So install it without the firewall component if you have a speedy connection.

If you have 1000Mbps or close speeds, Dr. Web scanning throughput will show it's limitations for you. It literally cannot scan files at 1000Mbps (or close) reliably, and will stall your connection speed while files are scanned.

Other than these two issues, I find the product quite nice.. The BB isn't the strongest but the overall product seems to be nice and stable and attractive.. Also I like the fact that Dr. Web catches some strange stuff a lot of other products miss.
I use it in one of my main PC, yeah I agree, they focus on real-world threats, not the packs that are useless malwares and ..., so they detect better quality threats especially malwares made in China and Russia. about BB I can confirm that they really improved their BB in this 3 months and now you can rely on them. about the firewall issue, there is a setting for web scanning about prioritizing the traffic in web module, if you see the help documentation and changing it I think it worths a try to see if it resolves your issue or not.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Comodo
Or do as orig poster says, just don't install Dr.Web firewall, and use Comodo FW instead. Then you have great detection and Comodo Firewall.

So buy there security space 11 AV for 10 bucks on sale at "Antivirus4U" and do custom install.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
use the trial version and you will know what i mean
Can you enlighten us? I've used Dr. Web on and off for well over a decade and don't have any idea what you mean. Quite the contrary, Dr. Web has shown it will stand on principles, regardless.

For example when Dr. Web discovered and blocked ATM malware a criminal financial cartel threatened them to remove the signatures and references. Dr. Web refused and their offices were firebombed. Later, Dr. Web discovered some serious MAC malware. Apple threatened Dr. Web about exposing this and attempted to shutdown Dr. Web's sinkhole servers. Dr. Web comes under consistent DDOS attacks from what they have labeled 'state actors' that seem to be intent on disrupting them.

Boris the CEO has said most AV vendors are 'Herds of Sheep' that just blindly all blacklist the same hashes as every other company without doing much of any (or any) analysis themselves. He exposed them for doing this several years ago.

If anyone will protect you from the US Govt. it's probably Dr. Web.. They don't honor any National Security Letters, they don't fall under the Patriot Act or Five Eyes jurisdictions.

They offer a 90 day trial version at their site. That's enough time to assess if its okay with your preference or not. Its been there (3month trial) always at their site.

omidomi

Level 63
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky

Can you try to report these issues to Dr.Web support?

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
Can you try to report these issues to Dr.Web support?
I will do this.

I suspect they don't have many people with 1000Mbps connections in Russia so their FWD hasn't been tested at those speeds. Also, Adguard - also based in Russia cannot sustain any speed beyond 450Mbps reliability. I reported this and they said it's a limitation of their FWD and won't be fixed anytime soon. So this isn't uncommon in some countries to have security products run into difficulties at wire-speed.

I will email them but support in English is usually spotty.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
I use it in one of my main PC, yeah I agree, they focus on real-world threats, not the packs that are useless malwares and ..., so they detect better quality threats especially malwares made in China and Russia. about BB I can confirm that they really improved their BB in this 3 months and now you can rely on them. about the firewall issue, there is a setting for web scanning about prioritizing the traffic in web module, if you see the help documentation and changing it I think it worths a try to see if it resolves your issue or not.
Good to hear they've been working on the BB. They also revamped their android offering of Security Space which looks and functions great now - that comes free as a bonus with your Dr Web SS license. The 'average' BB was always one of my complaints and from what I read they were aware and working on it. In some of my home brew testing Dr. Web does really well so I do have confidence it it.

Dr. Web and Emsisoft are my two favorites. Now that Trend Micro essentially merged teams with NSA Contractor Booz Allen, I can't even consider them any longer.

omidomi

Level 63
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I will do this.

I suspect they don't have many people with 1000Mbps connections in Russia so their FWD hasn't been tested at those speeds. Also, Adguard - also based in Russia cannot sustain any speed beyond 450Mbps reliability. I reported this and they said it's a limitation of their FWD and won't be fixed anytime soon. So this isn't uncommon in some countries to have security products run into difficulties at wire-speed.

I will email them but support in English is usually spotty.
oops :oops:
may be your idea is right , I fully agree with you "they don't have many people with 1000Mbps connections in Russia" btw this speed is a little high and I think its not popular in another country but its right,they should fixed it :)
dose this problem also with Kaspersky? its also Russian o_O

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Doctor Web
I'm using Dr.Web Security Space with SpyShelter Premium since 2013, and i have 5 years remain from my license,
it was such a perfect experience too! It's a very good security protection software combo, maybe the best of all!!

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
First false positive with Dr. Web today. It's picking up Steam as malicious (on ALL of our gaming machines).. Sent the file to various honeypots, no other detection.

Interestingly, this happened right around the time I was researching the NSA using Steam Client to spy. Steam being used as a backdoor comes up time and time again in the intelligence leaks and even just today on the latest leak it shows exploiting steam. Strange coincidence.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Comodo
I'm using Dr.Web Security Space with SpyShelter Premium since 2013, and i have 5 years remain from my license,
it was such a perfect experience too! It's a very good security protection software combo, maybe the best of all!!
Dr Web Suite was slow on my PC (I have a decent machine)... Do they have a simple AV that would work nicely with Comodo Firewall. I might want to try it on a friends machine.