SecurityDolphin New Security 2017

My new configuration focused on being lightweight while not compromising on protection. Webroot with whitelisting on stops most malware in its tracks, UAC as well, Anti-Exploit stops payloads from even hitting, and DNSCrypt secures DNS. Acrylic DNS and uBlock gets rid of all advertisements that lead to malware, and a strict popup blocker to prevent popunders. Syncthing syncs with a central server at home running a hardened Arch Linux box. Bitlocker acts as endpoint protection. No system imaging is used.

Note; I used pruned EasyList and EasyPrivacy lists here (without the whitelisting). They are all separated into modules giving me the ability to pick and choose. GitHub - easylist/easylist: EasyList filter subscription

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave SmartScreen disabled as Webroot's file reputation system is much better than SmartScreen, and I don't need the redundancy. Especially when SmartScreen is one of the less robust file reputation defenses, since anything that is signed bypasses it quite easily. I don't use on-demand scanners since my preventative measures stop all malware in its tracks before I can click yes/no.

And, I do have a backup system in place with Syncthing, I just sync it on another PC periodically.

L

Lucent Warrior

Especially when SmartScreen is one of the less robust file reputation defenses, since anything that is signed bypasses it quite easily.
Please take a look at this post, in the "Dynamic spoiler" sample #3, look not only in the file indicators, but also in the 1st screen shot of execution, I think you will see a signed file flagged by Smartscreen. It is very seldom I see samples bypass Smartscreen and or UAC.

24-08-2016 #9