Senate vote allows FBI access to your browsing history without a warrant

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
They will abusing their power because we can't see what FBI is doing while FBI knows what we are doing. America is trying to be the second China. Censored people from telling the truth.
We are a long way from that. However it is a very sad step in that direction. With the current political climate in the US, I'm afraid this is all just more politics being played at the expense of an actual impact on the lives of regular folks.

Reactions: SumTingWong

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
We are a long way from that. However it is a very sad step in that direction. With the current political climate in the US, I'm afraid this is all just more politics being played at the expense of an actual impact on the lives of regular folks.

Corrupted leaders. They vote during pandemic time.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Snowden's effort couldn't make any difference 😔
Few days ago, our Ministry of the Interior announced new ID cards with chips which will contain some biometric data, more specifically, your face and two fingerprints in digital format. But not only that; with them, you could access government's services online via phone or tablet, without having to use card reader.

That started a fire so now almost every comment on news article and internet forums regarding this, says that government will now track us using ID cards (because you always have it with yourself). Some people are naturally dumb and will believe everything you say to them, even things like this that doesn't make any sense.
Private mode/incognito mode and VPN:
iu
I'm sorry for ruining the atmosphere, but incognito tab won't do anything to protect you. The only job of incognito tab is not to keep history and other site data saved on your PC.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Few days ago, our Ministry of the Interior announced new ID cards with chips which will contain some biometric data, more specifically, your face and two fingerprints in digital format. But not only that; with them, you could access government's services online via phone or tablet, without having to use card reader.

That started a fire so now almost every comment on news article and internet forums regarding this, says that government will now track us using ID cards (because you always have it with yourself). Some people are naturally dumb and will believe everything you say to them, even things like this that doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry for ruining the atmosphere, but incognito tab won't do anything to protect you. The only job of incognito tab is not to keep history and other site data saved on your PC.
I think the topic of incognito came up because the article references browsing history (wrong terminology) for the uninformed who don't understand the difference of getting info from the ISP vs your browser.

Reactions: Marko :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.