Troubleshoot Service Control manager 4007

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No crashing,stable,no drops,perfect. But after i quit i change event logs and 10 logs appeared:

service control manager 7040 service was changed
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
nothing
PC:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP
Aorus Z490 Pro Ax
Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC ( stock )
Seasonic Tx-850 Prime Titanium

Windows 10 up to date
newest drivers

Hey guys again. ). I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No crashing,stable,no drops,perfect. But after i quit i check event logs and 10 logs appeared:
service control manager 7040 service was changed.

Game was running only. I dont open any apps etc. That logs just appeared during when game was on.
service control manager 7040 <maybe 8-10 logs>

Its fine no reason to worry?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
service control manager 7040 service was changed.

The id number you posted in your title (4007 (edit: 7040 is valid)) isn't valid. Could you upload a snip of the actual event viewer Service Control Manager error message?

Or you can google the event id and error message yourself and see if it's something to pursue. Sometimes "errors" like these are safe to ignore but not always.

Edited to correct a valid event id. If you google the error code, you will come up with several possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.