Setting up FortiClient AV Sandbox as Standalone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have installed Forticlient AV on my PC using SlyGuys XML tweaks.

The only issue being that since Forticlient is standalone on my Pc, how do I configure the Sandbox to operate when it says Sandbox Detection Enabled but Offline and the categories underneath that heading such as Unknown Zero Day Threat Protection, are all greyed out?

Suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: GonzitoVir

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
You'll need to have a fortigate to be able to use the sandbox. Forticlient acts as an endpoint protection module. The sandbox of the fortigate where you connect to, will handle the unknown malware. The greyed out checkboxes will become visible once you have entered the correct ip of your fortigate (which is hardware that costs money)
It is not a sandbox like Comodo firewall has, neither you can choose to run an application in the sandbox like sandboxie. It is just an automated sandbox that will handle unknown threats. If the sandbox looks at a file and it determines it as being dangerous, the fortigate will handle it and send a new signature for that file to the fortinet cloud, which will then add it to the signatures for every forticlient user. You could say this is the kind of 'behaviour blocker' forticlient has (although a sandbox != behaviour blocker) since this is the only kind of zero day protection it has. The signatures are one of thet best though.

Reactions: GonzitoVir
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.