Status
Not open for further replies.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
I really dont trust these seriously. it looks like snake oil and crap ware.

its a "security" Bundle thats pretty much a sandbox with whitelist and a game booster

they claim they are a "Generation" ahead of Voodooshield

Seventh Knight | PC Security™ Bundle

rxpf20dFRW_1gsLBFeYaUA.png

W0uwSdpkQm2rmwqrkz6hxQ.png

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Apparently, he has never actually tried VS ;). Otherwise he would have discovered that VS has a local sandbox and a remote sandbox (I believe the only remote sandbox in the industry). And automatic toggling, Blacklist scan, VoodooAi engine, Custom Folders, auto handling of command lines… I could go on, but what’s the point?

But most importantly, he would have discovered that VS is not a whitelisting utility, it is a computer lock… there is a difference. He has a patent on old school application whitelisting… and I have a patent on a new, more viable technology known as the computer lock.

BTW, I am not a huge sandbox proponent… for A LOT of reasons. Mainly because a lot of files do not run sandboxed, and if they do run, you cannot be 100% that all of the code was executed (due to privilege issues)… there are just A LOT of problems with sandboxing. Besides, sandboxing can be very confusing to the average computer user. I know, I know, VS has 2 sandboxes… but that is just for you guys… not the average person.

Anyway, VS 4.0 is almost ready… I have had a few small obstacles to overcome, but overall, things have gone extremely well.

It is going to blow your minds. Talk to you soon!

P.S. Sorry I have been hard to reach… please do not take it personally. You would be shocked to know how much I have worked on VS 4.0.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Besides probably not actually testing VoodooShield like Dan just said. I don't think they are aware of Comodo sandbox either.

Their claims are pretty outstanding 'designed for the U.S. Defense Department' and 'the only military-grade tool that can protect your PC from zero-day ransomware'. Until someone here can validate for them, I might be a little skeptical.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I don't want to support these seventh knight guys, but I would give a look at the product before speaking.
It's true: they talked about VoodooShield with no knowledge at all of the program.
I'm a VoodooShield fan too but, as this "Seventh Knight" is a software, it should be tested before making conclusions on it.
I really like all kind of whitelist approaches, and I think someone should take a look at this program too. I may take a look at it, in some time...

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I don't want to support these seventh knight guys, but I would give a look at the product before speaking.
It's true: they talked about VoodooShield with no knowledge at all of the program.
I'm a VoodooShield fan too but, as this "Seventh Knight" is a software, it should be tested before making conclusions on it.
I really like all kind of whitelist approaches, and I think someone should take a look at this program too. I may take a look at it, in some time...
You can download the SN installer and install a 10 day trial. I have played around with SN a couple of times now, and it has some pretty cool things about it. Although, White Cipher has not tested it yet, but he will as soon as VS 4.0 is ready... he is going to be doing a lot of testing ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.