Assigned Several Zemana AntiMalware Premium questions

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I have a giveaway of Zemana AntiMalware Premium that I obtained via Softpedia on New Year's Eve. I am wanting to run my first on-demand scan with it. I wonder, does ZAM Premium allow the user to decide what to do with the detections? If it does indeed quarantine the false positives, will they restore good as new out of the quarantine? (I have not found that to be the case with some security programs.)

I have tried every means I know to find out whether I can update to the latest version of ZAM Premium without losing my pro version giveaway. Anybody know the answer to that?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes you can restore any detections you wish to, just go to quarantine and right click and restore files. As for updates I am not sure as I have a lifetime key but I guess you could update to the latest version as long as your licenceis current. ;)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Yes you can restore any detections you wish to, just go to quarantine and right click and restore files.

Thank you. Do you have experience that it works well?

I take it from your answer that all detections are quarantined rather than it asking you what you want to do.

As for updates I am not sure as I have a lifetime key but I guess you could update to the latest version as long as your licenceis current. ;)

A lot of giveaways go away if you upgrade. That's one way they incentivize people to buy.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
As far as my experience with it is concerned, ZAM's on-demand scan does ask you what to do with the files in question. It doesn't automatically quarantine files (the realtime protection does). It asks you to delete, quarantine, or ignore. :)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Hi @conceptualclarity

Do you have problem when starting up the ZAM Premium when you enable 'Start with Windows'?

Mine don't auto start when Windows start. I can manually start it.

Thanks

Actually :oops: I haven't gotten around to testing how well ZAM Premium runs realtime on my old Dell. Until I do, and see that it doesn't slow me down I won't enable 'Start with Windows''. Sorry I can't help you.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I have the same license and yes, you can update to latest version as long as license lasts.

The on-demand scan asks you what to do with detected infections.
The real time protection quarantines automatically, but you can always restore if you want.

Thanks! Great to know.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
@conceptualclarity, I just replaced ZAM with ZAL with free license from here: Competition/Limited - Zemana AL chip.de giveaway - 365 days
I recommend you to do the same. Hurry before the license ends! ;)

Thank you very much, Deletedmessiah. I've got SpyShelter already. I doubt you could run them both. Also the driver of ZAL just really badly disagreed with my old system, blue screen trouble. So I had to uninstall a giveaway of ZAL within the past year and a half.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Thank you very much, Deletedmessiah. I've got SpyShelter already. I doubt you could run them both. Also the driver of ZAL just really badly disagreed with my old system, blue screen trouble. So I had to uninstall a giveaway of ZAL within the past year and a half.
I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.