What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
It wasn't long after a year has passed since I decided to try Eset Internet Security Antivirus. Prior to that, he had been using Kaspersky Internet security for almost two years. In general, if you manually add many rules for HIPS to Eset, then it will not be inferior to Kaspersky in terms of protection, but it will only be liked by those who like to "dig" in the antivirus settings :) I would also like to add OSArmor, since I used to used this program. But since it became not only paid, but also quite expensive (from $ 20 for an annual license for 1 PC is almost a year, a license for Kaspersky Internet Security for 2 PCs), we had to refuse :), perhaps the developer will someday release free cut version or someone will share with me an additional license, :) although, perhaps, this program will be superfluous. But if someone shares the license for OSArmor, I will be grateful :)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Last edited by a moderator:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
@SFox

You may want to take a look on this tool "Autoruns" from from Windows Sysinternals, it's useful for different purposes like to check for software driver leftovers or scanning automatically all files (entries on Autoruns) for possible detection on VirusTotal.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
@SFox

You may want to take a look on this tool "Autoruns" from from Windows Sysinternals, it's useful for different purposes like to check for software driver leftovers or scanning automatically all files (entries on Autoruns) for possible detection on VirusTotal.

Yes, I have been using this program for a long time, there was simply nowhere to specify in the description (this is not a scanner or real-time protection).

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
You can optionally use a Microsoft account for better security with Windows Hello.
No, I do not use a Microsoft account, because the "chips" and benefits that it offers are not relevant to me.
I would just set UAC to maximum (if it's not set already)
Syshardener is pushing User Account Control to the maximum anyway :)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Is it worth adding OSArmor to the configuration?

Probably it's redundant adding OSArmor. ESET with tweaked HIPS (custom rules) can be the same strong in terms of protection like OSArmor, furthermore as you said, OSA now it's paid only, why anyone wants to purchase two security software for basically the same purpose ;)

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Probably it's redundant adding OSArmor. ESET with tweaked HIPS (custom rules) can be the same strong in terms of protection like OSArmor, furthermore as you said, OSA now it's paid only, why anyone wants to purchase two security software for basically the same purpose ;)
I do not have very many rules in hips eset (the rules recommended by one user, there are less than a dozen of them, and I have already published them here in another topic), and Osarmor controls much more vulnerable zones and processes. But since it is paid and the price is high, then yes, I will hope that Eset will not miss the unknown malware if that :)

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Today I accidentally found on one of the forums a link to download the old version of OSArmor 1.4.3.0. (asked by one of the forum users, the old version of the program remained on the forum servers) Installed. I'll see how it will work, at least during the installation there were no problems.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I removed Yandex browser, now I am using Edge. I also removed OSArmor 1.4. Starting next year, Eset Internet Security will also have to be removed, since the license is coming to an end, and our price is quite high for me personally. :rolleyes:

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Any idea of what you will use after your license expires?
There is one interesting offer in the online store for purchasing a license for Eset Internet Security. But the electronic key is for 3 computers. I only need 1 pc. Therefore, now I am looking for two more people who need a license. Then you can buy for three, and each pay only a third of the price.

• Applause
Reactions: oldschool and Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.