Shade Sandbox - Free Anti-Malware Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
The program does not sync my shade chrome constantly changing bookmarks and votes chrome Account.subscribe to chrome and turn me it logs out.apparently shade blocks syncing with Google account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Through my recent review of Shade Sandbox, running a program under a sandbox seems complicated where my Opera browser cannot execute some files that to be downloaded.

Other than simple enough to tweak, the concept needs to improve more. Accidents may happen to execute files dangerous as like 'open Shade Folder' button without any virtualization!.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Anyone tried if there is any incompatibility issue with Bitdefender? I know Sandboxie conflicts with it.

Ilya

Level 1
Oct 7, 2015
Through my recent review of Shade Sandbox, running a program under a sandbox seems complicated where my Opera browser cannot execute some files that to be downloaded.

Other than simple enough to tweak, the concept needs to improve more. Accidents may happen to execute files dangerous as like 'open Shade Folder' button without any virtualization!.
If i get you right, since a file in Shade Folder, it is safe to run it. Some files will not execute, because they are just in virtualised folder.

Ilya

Level 1
Oct 7, 2015
We are working on speed and some hangapps, so hopefully soon ya'll get faster Shade :)

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My issues:
1. I never received the mail with license
2. My computer is slow down and lagged (mouse delay 1 second)
3. firewall.exe use to much CPU
4. 3rd party: Avira ask to upload much dll and exe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If i get you right, since a file in Shade Folder, it is safe to run it. Some files will not execute, because they are just in virtualised folder.

If you will click on a Shade Folder, make sure its been virtualized (violet border).

Because when I open the Shade Folder button through the program, there's no border hence its dangerous to execute a program when malicious.

Well yes some files may not execute due to Shade sandbox concept which in my view it can be for security purpose however others find to be buggy.

Reactions: Kent

Ilya

Level 1
Oct 7, 2015
Hi Folks,
New version of Cybergenic Shade has been released! Now Shade runs much faster and consumes much less of CPU and memory resources. Current users will get new version through automatic updates shortly, new may download it from www.shadesandbox.com
We wish you zero security incidents!

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My issues:
1. I never received the mail with license
2. My computer is slow down and lagged (mouse delay 1 second)
3. firewall.exe use to much CPU
4. 3rd party: Avira ask to upload much dll and exe

Hi Folks,
New version of Cybergenic Shade has been released! Now Shade runs much faster and consumes much less of CPU and memory resources. Current users will get new version through automatic updates shortly, new may download it from www.shadesandbox.com
We wish you zero security incidents!

1. 2. 3. 4. FIXED

Nice, testing now, good version :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Greeting,Cybergenic!

E-mail support for a Lic.,Key and never received, could you also sent me a Lic.,Key!:)
By PM!

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
When you first open chrome everything ok (Google sign, bookmarks bar), after further opening chrome everything scattered every time (Google account logout etc.).
Could there be automatic renewal as Comodo share space.

Webroot marks this as malware?
Z1SP0DU.png

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I believe is a false positive. ZAM also flag this as malicious Real-time scan turn on when I was about to run the installer. It auto-moves it to quarantine folder. I have to turn off the real-time and then proceed. Anyway EAM scan nothing.

Reactions: 37507
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.