Shade Sandbox - Free Anti-Malware Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Webroot marks this as malware?
Z1SP0DU.png

I believe is a false positive. ZAM also flag this as malicious Real-time scan turn on when I was about to run the installer. It auto-moves it to quarantine folder. I have to turn off the real-time and then proceed. Anyway EAM scan nothing.

yes it is why dislike AVs , they can't tell the difference between a new legit executable from a malware...

D

Deleted member 178

- allow if we want Shade to start with Windows or not, annoying to disable the startup entry when we could do it via the GUI.
- be able to put Shade Windows on background, actually it stay on top of everything.
- choose if we want the colored border visible or not when app's window is maximized.
- be able to shutdown/exit Shade manually via tray icon, when we finished working with it.
- be able to select where Shade Folder will be, i don't like the fact it reside in system partition, i prefer have it on non-system partition.

i will surely gives you more feedback over the time, those are just after toying with it for 10mn :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Overkill and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Shade acts weird in my computer when I put the browser in a sandbox, CPU usage while normally at 40-50% shows a regular 3 spike pattern like going up suddenly 70-80%, coming down 60-70% and back to normal in 50 s range and this is happening every 2-3 seconds. Freezing up my browser more often than not when heavier plugins come into play and baseline CPU usage increases.

H

hjlbx

Shade acts weird in my computer when I put the browser in a sandbox, CPU usage while normally at 40-50% shows a regular 3 spike pattern like going up suddenly 70-80%, coming down 60-70% and back to normal in 50 s range and this is happening every 2-3 seconds. Freezing up my browser more often than not when heavier plugins come into play and baseline CPU usage increases.

That type of behavior indicates some type of conflict. It could be Shade problem, it could be OS problem with Shade, it could be hardware, it could be almost anything. It is very difficult to diagnose.

Early versions of all softs tend to be problematic in one way or another. Perhaps if you revisit Shade in about 6 months it will be corrected. Perhaps not.

Reactions: Moose and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
it could be OS problem with Shade, it could be hardware, it could be almost anything. It is very difficult to diagnose.
It is certainly some kind of incompatibility with Shade as running the browser out of shade solves the problem.Using the free version of the best paid alternative does not reproduce this problem,neither does another beta phase alternative.But all well known softwares start like this only.
Rishi's Security config for the developer

Reactions: frogboy and Moose
D

Deleted member 178

Still buggy version for me. It freeze drastically my Vista.

High on ressources and memory, too bad, unfortunately.

i don't face those issues, it works well on my system; can even use alongside sandboxie, but better avoid using the same browser in both.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The thing makes Shade Sandbox unique for some observant is not executing the programs under on their sandbox, which good against possible exploit techniques. But in practicality you cannot tell how the behavior of the file you want to test if its working.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Been using Shade Sandbox for two weeks now. So far no conflict encountered with my prog.
Will continue playing again.

Reactions: Logethica

Nx4859

Nov 16, 2012
I never got an activation key. How long does it take to receive one?

Nothing works until you get an activation key.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have been testing (a bit for now) Shade SandBox in W10 Pro x64 (VirtualBox) + KTS2016MR1 and I'm pleased to see that it seems is working fine for now, if SandBoxie/Kaspersky (both) don't fix the issues with Kaspersky 2016 branches in the end, this could be a great alternative for Kaspersky users :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
shade needs some program options opened to the users.

@Ilya This needs atleast an option to exclude bookmarks I think and maybe the sys tray icon has an animation of some kind when a sandboxed progam is in use or it changes color? I do agree with Umbra's suggestions, I think it is a nice product that just needs improvement.

EDIT: add option to disable splash screen at boot please

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.