Shadow Defender Update Thread (Current Version 1.4.0.680)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
What is Shadow Defender ?

Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activity and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activity and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

Try Shadow Defender for the most effective and easy-to-use security solution.

Shadow Defender Features

1. Prevent all viruses and malware.
2. Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
3. Protect your privacy.
4. Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
5. Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.

available for 32 & 64 bits systems

Website: Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool
Changelog: Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool
Trial Download: Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Shadow Defender

This is a great program, much better that it's main competitor Returnil.
Shadow Defender is user friendly ( as much as a virtualization program can be :shy: ) and if you don't do anything stupid like turning off the "Shadow Mode" and then running some unknown/malicious program ,your system will be 100% safe.

The price is also fair ,only 35$ for a lifetime license with 100% FREE product updates.

Shadow Defender Review
Uploaded by languy99

Last edited:

EMET

Apr 23, 2011

Yes, I've played with Shadow Defender and it is a great program.

I use it on my virtual machine to roll back to my default configuration between installations of various AVs and firewalls that I want to test.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Ok i'm playing around with SD, now i'm so used to timefreeze...How do I save any changes that has been made in shadow mode?

edit: sorry my bad, I didn't have the volumes checked in mode setting...now it's giving me options to save or discard

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: Shadow Defender Update Thread (v1.2.0.346)

Version 1.2.0.346 - December 26, 2012

Add: Use RAM as write cache.
Fix: USB related issues.

new UI

anSmP.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

This must be a dev. from the future, December 2012.

Source:
http://www.shadowdefender.com/history.html

What did the old UI look like (for comparison)?

Edited

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Earth said:
What did the old UI look like (for comparion)?

check the video above ^^

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Earth said:
This must be a dev. from the future, December 2012.

Source:
http://www.shadowdefender.com/history.html

What did the old UI look like (for comparison)?

Edited

lol....11/26/2012..must have mistaken November for December.I just updated mine today,didnt update for a long time.I was still on version 1.1.0.331,,,,,lol.I still have a bunch of keys for that version and since you get updates for free.......................

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

just want his christmas gift earlier ^^

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
Version 1.2.0.346 - December 26, 2012

Add: Use RAM as write cache.
Fix: USB related issues.

new UI

anSmP.jpg

Has the Tony person came back Umbra or is it a mystery developer?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

i dont know where to post this question: whats better for a beginner shadow defender or toolwiz time freeze or something else

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

TTF couldn't be more simple so i'd choose that but SD is the most secure and it's not difficult either

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

yesshield is a total clone of Shadow Defender.

@MFR71 : Tony seems to be back on track, he is rumored to have been in jail, note that no one can confirm if he is the true one or not.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012

Ok, I tried installing SD on the Pc the installation went smoothly, did work fine on shadow mode,but once i exited shadow mode to add exclusions it deleted my firewall configuration and also my pppoe connection configs.

has anyone tried SD with OFP ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.