Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Start Orb > Search "reliability" (without quotes) > Select View reliability history.

reliability_mon.png

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Here is mine:

k1q3qb.jpg

I think my reliability is sometimes worse. I get occasional freezes. Usually, the HDD light stays solid for a minute and I can't do much until the minute is over. But recently, it sometimes lasts longer. I'm suspecting it might be CIS, but the logs never show anything (I've check Windows logs too).

(BTW, why can't I upload attachments here in this board? :()

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Seems reliable enough to me...can't ask for much better I feel

critical alerts due to my own termination of a program and a game
multiple alerts about usb devices being installed (to be expected)
multiple alerts about updates, apps and windows (failed then succeeded installing updates so all good)

Overall I leave the system on 24/7 or occasionally use sleep mode, S1 not the typical S3 sleep mode though so when it wakes it is less than half a second, maybe faster than that but it is really kinda hard to judge something that quick.

15z4mqg.jpg

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Same here, no reports to show. This doesn't mean that my PC in extremely reliable though, just that this Windows component found no problems.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I'm on XP
I'm sure if I could see mine, it would be horrible. ::winktongue:
My PC goes into Homer Simpson mode if I leave it on long enough. Fonts disappear and I have to hard reboot because new applications fail to run and shutdown.exe doesn't run without either aborting or initialising a shut down.
(This is after a few days solid, so I guess I can't blame my PC too much :biggrin:)

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
bogdan said:
Same here, no reports to show. This doesn't mean that my PC in extremely reliable though, just that this Windows component found no problems.

While I agree this is not a sure way to check reliability it offers a small view and along with knowledge of your own personal system you can gather how well the system works, in my case it is about as reliable as one could want. :wink:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I want to get a new laptop before dollars aren't worth anything...but I'm not sure about it. (Maybe I'll just stock up on books and ebooks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.