Windows 10 Firewall Control
VoodooShield
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro, Kaspersky System Checker

short-circuit

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 7, 2018
Hello all, I'm a new member but not inexperienced in computer protection. I would like to know if I have any holes in my present security. I use the following:

Sandboxie for Firefox and Chrome
Windows 10 Firewall Control
VoodooShield
VirusTotal and Hitman Pro scans for downloads
Hitman Pro and Kaspersky System Checker at the end of the day.

Thanks for any responses.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I don't see a reason for the VirusTotal scan when you have VoodooShield, it esentially does it for you when you execute it.
I would throw NVT OSArmor on the computer for exploit protection in case something goes wrong in sandboxie or some fresh no-sig malware happens to run.

short-circuit

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 7, 2018
Thank you mekelek. I will tryout NVT OSArmor. VirusTotal does not run in the background and is on-demand only. You are right about the VoodooShield scan but I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy LOL. NVT OSArmor sounds very interesting. I've been reading the posts about it; checked out the website information about it; and will give it a spin.
Thanks again for your reply.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Your profile still lacks most of the info, so please kindly fill the fileds with proper data, thanks :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.