Shoud I add HMPA with Webroot + Appguard + Voodoshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
Hello

Do you shoud I add Hitmanpro Alert with Webroot & Appguard & Voodoshield?

Can it be problems?Can it be protecting extra?

Which setting do you shoud make with them one?

Do you shoud I make exclude,exception with them any?

Reactions: DeepWeb and AtlBo

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I think that it depends on your needs and your current configuration.

Having Appguard and / or VS well configured should give you a good protection.
There are lots of other MT members which can give you better information about HMPA but for me it was slowing down my system...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
1 It will add an extra layer of protection to your system, because you do not seem to have a dedicated anti-exploit app in your config.
2 It might conflict with webroot browser protection etc -- you should ask on the HMPA thread at wilderssecurity
3 HMPA might negatively impact your system responsiveness, and might cause various software and hardware conflicts.
4 You do not "need" it, as you are already running two very strong security apps: appguard and voodoo. But if you are trying to build the ultimate paranoid security config, that is another story.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
They do if u know what ur doing. They will catch way more malware or "block" them than an av will ever do. The only thing missing is web protection than but u dont need it with a good adblocker like adguard.
Some folks like a traditional AV as well, to serve as a safety net. That's why both appguard and voodoo officially recommend running a traditional AV as a complement.

D

Deleted member 178

Webroot = Cloud AV + Web filter + BB
Appguard = SRP (auto-block what is not on policy) + memory protection
VS = Anti-exe + file reputation checker
HMPA (v3.7 beta) = Cloud AV + full Anti-exploit + keystroke encryption, etc...etc...

now just play the "strike the redundant" game and you will know what to use.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
@Umbra

Thank you.

I am have KIS.I was removed KIS because KIS heavy.I was put webroot for KIS.

Webroot & Appguard & Voodoshield is look good when I am not have HMPA?Dou you shoud I am not have antiexploit,keystroke?This is bad?

Dou you shoud I make hitmanpro alert & appguard & voodoshield and I am remove webroot?

D

Deleted member 178

My setup has 2 of the 4 softs you are considering:

Appguard + HMPA, those are my "must be on my system" , then i keep Windows Defender (built-in Win10) because i deem it good enough. and i added ReHIPS for its sandbox and application control (VS would play similar role).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.