Shoud I add HMPA with Webroot + Appguard + Voodoshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Just tried Webroot alongside HMPA and i observed massive slowdowns and incompatibility bugs.

I need HMPA , i dont need Webroot because i have Win Def.

Webroot is a mess. The last time I tried it I had similar issues. After opening 4 tickets in one day to whitelist, then noticing my 128GB SSD OS Drive was full because of WRDATA crap, I uninstalled it and the license went into the trash bin. Never again.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

@weedeezee , I see that you like the very strongest security apps.
You might be interested in ReHIPS.
ReHIPS - An HIPS/Sandbox without kernel Hooks - (quick test included)
You can combine it with AppGuard, and then you have a real killer combo. It is hard to think of a stronger combo than AppGuard+ReHIPS+any AV

I went to look at ReHIPS but everything I have is blocking the DNS resolution of their websites, including DynDNS.. If I get time I will look into it further.

Reactions: AtlBo and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I went to look at ReHIPS but everything I have is blocking the DNS resolution of their websites, including DynDNS.. If I get time I will look into it further.
Yes, they had a DNS problem.You need to get the link to the new site, it is in the thread that I posted. Look for the posts from @Recrypt, he is the dev.
Not only that, but when you finally get to downloading it, Chrome will say that it is malicious.
And if you manage to get past that, Kaspersky will do everything it can to prevent you from installing and running it.
It is so good, it's wicked!

Reactions: AtlBo and XhenEd
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Yes, they had a DNS problem.You need to get the link to the new site, it is in the thread that I posted. Look for the posts from @Recrypt, he is the dev.
Not only that, but when you finally get to downloading it, Chrome will say that it is malicious.
And if you manage to get past that, Kaspersky will do everything it can to prevent you from installing and running it.
It is so good, it's wicked!

Well this could get ugly for me.. Fortinet E series on the gateway. FortiSandbox on unknown files. Untangle Transparent behind that with 2 AV's and Web Filtration. Forticlient+VS on the endpoints. I might have to spend some time disabling security across the board to even take a look at it.

Is it because he hasn't digitally signed any of it or uses suspect packers?

Reactions: AtlBo and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well this could get ugly for me.. Fortinet E series on the gateway. FortiSandbox on unknown files. Untangle Transparent behind that with 2 AV's and Web Filtration. Forticlient+VS on the endpoints. I might have to spend some time disabling security across the board to even take a look at it.

Is it because he hasn't digitally signed any of it or uses suspect packers?
It is digitally signed. For some reason, Google security doesn't like it, and there is no one to talk to at google -- it is a totally automated system. I am just guessing, but I think that the name "ReCrypt" and the Russian subforum on the site makes the whole thing look suspicious to Google AI.
All you have to do is use a non-chrome-based browser to download it, and then everything should be fine, as long as you are not running Kaspersky.

It is digitally signed. For some reason, Google security doesn't like it, and there is no one to talk to at google -- it is a totally automated system. I am just guessing, but I think that the name "ReCrypt" and the Russian subforum on the site makes the whole thing look suspicious to Google AI.
All you have to do is use a non-chrome-based browser to download it, and then everything should be fine, as long as you are not running Kaspersky.

You can temporarily disable the Chrome download protection and then re-enable it after the download is complete. Anyone try that first ?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

You can temporarily disable the Chrome download protection and then re-enable it after the download is complete. Anyone try that first ?

Don't most people turn off Chrome download protection anyway for privacy concerns?

Drinking Vodka or using Russian Dressing makes you suspicious these days. :p

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Don't most people turn off Chrome download protection anyway for privacy concerns?

Drinking Vodka or using Russian Dressing makes you suspicious these days. :p
If you drink vodka while talking excitedly in Russian about kernel exploits and UAC bypasses, well, that's almost grounds for arrest by Interpol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.