Should I add COMODO Cloud Scanner to my utilities?

Should I use COMODO Cloud Scanner?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vextor

Thread author
I've been looking into on-demand scanners and I thought up of COMODO Cloud Scanner. Now looking on it's page and previous test's I'm not too sure whether I should use it or not.

So I'm putting it to you. Should I use COMODO Cloud Scanner or not?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, not if you already use Comodo Cleaning Essentials.

Last time I used Comodo Cloud Scanner, it could not remove anything, but it did install LivePCSupport.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
there is nothing that prevent you to use it, but it is discontinued and only free for 30 days. you can try it but since it is integrated into CIS better use CIS or if you dont want it , rather use Comodo Cleaning Essential, the scanner has the same definitions than Comodo AV and use CAMAS (Comodo Automated Malware Analysis System).

CAMAS : http://camas.comodo.com/

I

illumination

Thread author
I agree with stormgtr and umbrapolaris, if you are already using CCE, it is not only more then enough, but uses the same data base.
I had taken it for a test run before in the past, and it would scan but not remove anything.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD said:
No, the cloud scanner is defunct and has been incorporated into CIS and CCE.

Why don't they remove it from their Products page?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
No idea why it's still there. It's no longer in active development, but It can still be used. There just isn't much point because it has been incorporated into other products. Much like BOClean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.