Should I change to Norton 360?

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I've been using Kaspersky Securty Cloud - Personal for 1 year/3 devices and I see an offer by Norton 360 (10 devices!) with 250GB backup, which I think is intersting.

Norton has a good protection? Is it light? I use my PC for Adobe suite and gaming and Kaspersky is a little bit heavy sometimes.

My kaspersky license is close to expire.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Both are good. Some would say Norton has a better auto firewall. I personally use Kaspersky since the package is more complete, such as:

- Good PW manager
- Backup works well (I backup locally)
- Application control is top notch
- Encrypted containers
- Great GUI and constant updates
- Safe Money actually works with most US banks, and allows you to use other PW mangers in its hardened browser
- TAM

I find Norton a little chatty at times when the computer resumes from sleep after a couple of days and reminders about extensions. Most of the other features in Norton I don't use such as: PW manager, Lifelock, Defrag, Clean up, the new banking protection (you have to use Norton's PW manager for its hardened browser).

Norton is a tad quicker, but with the newest version of Kaspersky 20 (f), I don't find too much of a difference anymore. So when I use Norton, it's basically just a great AV/firewall, but I don't use the other features included since I don't find them as polished as Kaspersky's. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How was or is Kaspersky security cloud?Nortons 10 activation's is a incredible offer certainly much more for the money,I just like Kaspersky better,thou I use Total security not security cloud,The free trial is goods advice,that way no regrets gl

virusesmaximum

Level 1
Aug 21, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.