Should I in this case use an anti-exploit program instead of anti-exe?

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
You did say that, I just quoted you. You said that 'having your software patched doesn't mean anything' and your argument for this is because you claim most exploits are targeting vulnerabilities which were found but remained to be unknown of to public/vendor for years. But okay.

I would disagree and say that thanks to tons of big services like BugCrowd and HackerOne (and other independent bug bounty programs/security researchers trying to do work out of passion) more vulnerabilities are found and reported to the vendor to be patched more commonly than someone with malicious intent finding one and working out how to exploit it in a real attack. :)
From the guy who said that there is little reason to use an AE. LoL
"Doesn't mean anything" means that you are not fully protected in that context, as I have been writing in all the posts, if you want to survive amplifying that word is your problem.

Yes like all the software is part of bounty programs and everyone is in the right side of the law...

If you don't want to use antiexploit techniques don't use them, but saying that there is little reason to use them is far from being truth, since this has been one of the priorities of the MS security team for months

Reactions: AtlBo

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Quote me on this post with a quote where I claimed that there is 'little reason to use an AE'. :)

I've never said not to use them, I agree with them. You're not reading my posts properly. I'm disagreeing with your opinion regarding software updates, that's all.
LoL ok I was talking with another user arequire and you got in the middle. He said that in the second post. My confusion, from the smartphone everything is less evident

I think we both agree on the same

Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.