Should I stay with Emsisoft Anti-Malware or go back to Malwarebytes ?

Should I use Malwarebytes Premium or Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

• Malwarebytes Premium

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Votes: 88 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You might run malwarebytes along with Emsisoft,shuting off everything but the anti-exploit protection,if you don"t mind the caption from malwarebytes that your not fully protected,you can play with the settings when you want a scan,my problem with the malwarebytes full program, is its heavy on my system.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Emsisoft can be your main av , just like Kaspersky or Bitdefender , it's a AntiVirus product ,
Malwarebytes can be the second security program .

I am using Emsisoft and Malwarebytes together almost a year , with out any issue .

Sephiroth Source

Level 2
Verified
Jul 13, 2015
In my opinion Malwarebytes has dropped a lot on detection with the exception of PUPS / Adware. Emsisoft is an excellent software, very good in protection and light in the system. I used Malwarebytes free here for periodic scanning but I do not use it anymore, I was only with ZAM and HP, they are simple, quick to scan and update. Conclusion: I would only stay with Emsisoft.

browneylad

Level 2
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
Voted that I would stay with Emsisoft. My current security setting with a traditional AV IS suite, Emsi & ZAL is the lightest I have ever used & very low impact on my older pc with good level of security. If you won't like to waste a good license do as Umbra say & use them together. All security products experience change in ratings & popularity. If your MBM support updates & MB releases some much improved version in future with something unique you can still have that at the time without purchasing new license.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
People still use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? :unsure:

Sure , why not ?
For myself , i purchase 3 license , two for me , other for my family .

MB not only can detected PUP or Trojan etc. , but also had zero days attack protect and web protect ,
also Ransomware protect , still very useful .

Even you didn't buy the premium license , using the free version to be a second scanner ,
still not a bad idea .

Malwarebytes indeed not quite stable when they just release the version 3 ,
but after few months and improve , now their 3.3.1 version is pretty stable and useful .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack
D

Deleted member 65228

Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are both great, but I'd go with Emsisoft Anti-Malware if I had to decide between the two. The reasoning is that I think EAM have much many more capabilities than MBAM. I can't see MBAM blocking process hollowing but EAM would (ex.).

You could always just use one in real-time and the other on-demand, or one as primary and the other in real-time for a specific feature. E.g. EAM + MBAM AE or EAM for real-time scanning of the file system & BB and MBAM for web protection and the AE. Etc.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I have a lifetime license for Malwarebytes. Still I left long ago because of all the issues it was having with my imaging program. Yes I know really weird.

I have 4 or 5 of them. Haven't had MBAM on any of my boxes in at least 2 years. Malwarebytes has gone the way of the dodo, as far as I'm comcerned, since v2.
The old v1.75 was to me the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: ng4ever
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I have 4 or 5 of them. Haven't had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on any of my boxes in at least 2 years. Malwarebytes has gone the way of the dodo, as far as I'm comcerned, since v2.
The old v1.75 was to me the best.

Same.. 1.75 was legendary and fantastic. For malware cleanup rotations we still use 1.75 or 2.0 depending on the tech doing it. Never 3.0, ever, all of us dislike it intensely. I think at least count I have 8-10 lifetime licenses for MBAM and they go unused - for almost 2 years now.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Alot of well informed people on this forum are Emsisoft fans.
I love the Kiwis, having lived in New Zealand for a number of years, but I must ask WHY is Emsisoft so popular ?
I've never seen anything bad written about Emsisoft. However, is there much evidence to show that they are a better choice than the larger players in the AV world- Symantec, Kaspersky etc. Those are the companies that the labs seem to like the best.
However, am I missing something here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.