Should I use use Update Assistant to get 1809?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

This is the version I am using and it is working great.
ScreenHunter_141 Jan. 30 15.55.jpg

Reactions: Weebarra

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just tried it 3 times and got error code 0x080072efd, which is a failed internet connection. My internet is fine!

1) Download a new copy of the Update Assistant. Disable your AV/AM, Web Filter like K9, 3rd-party FW, privacy software etc and try again. In short, disable ALL real-time protection temporarily

2) Follow below and see whether it helpa

Fix: Update Error 0x80072efd in Windows 10

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 77591

1809 burned me twice with reverting changes.Then the third time it installed only to freeze up and blue screen.I'm still on 1803 and have used Snappy Driver Installer to update almost every driver and turned of windows automatic driver updates.I will be ready when its updated through windows update with a backup just in case it bork's again.Getting sick of hearing it's a slow roll out.Slow because it's still buggy and MS is trying to figure out why.

anniyan

Level 1
Verified
Mar 26, 2015
i download the ISO file everytime a new version of windows 10 is released (but that is just me). it consumes the almost same bandwidth as the windows update route. and i have the ISO handy in case i want to re install or revert back to older versions.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
1) Download a new copy of the Update Assistant. Disable your AV/AM, Web Filter like K9, 3rd-party FW, privacy software etc and try again. In short, disable ALL real-time protection temporarily

2) Follow below and see whether it helpa

Fix: Update Error 0x80072efd in Windows 10

OK, followed suggestions in Pt. #1:

Reverted Hard_Configurator to Windows defaults
Uninstalled TinyWall
Reverted WF to defaults
Left VooddoShield in Auto mode

Windows Update Assistant has downloaded update and is doing the slow countdown to Restart. So far, so good! Will update this thread with more progress info. Thanks @HarborFront! (y)

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
"evaluation copy" means? not-activated one huh? can we use windows 10 without activating it? pardon my ignorance. and sorry about asking this question in this thread, i dont mean to hijack this thread.

Maybe you’ve joined my Kindergarten Security class? :D I’m one of the MT KS students! :D:D:D

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Update complete with no issues, no settings changed, and only one little glitch - VoodooShield failed to start with the final update restart. An additional restart and it's back to normal. Maybe I got promoted to 1st Grade! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Maybe not, kindergarten is wa-aay more fun!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Update complete with no issues, no settings changed, and only one little glitch - VoodooShield failed to start with the final update restart. An additional restart and it's back to normal. Maybe I got promoted to 1st Grade! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Maybe not, kindergarten is wa-aay more fun!
Come on man, you are in graduate school already. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.