Status
Not open for further replies.

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
If you are expecting Windows 10 to work perfectly or exactly like your Win 7 or 8.1 then I suggest waiting. There will be some bumps along the way if you choose to upgrade right away, that's why only insiders were given the first crack at it, you are still testing a beta essentially no matter what it's called. So if you can't handle some hiccups and expect Windows 10 to just be totally "Awesome" then give it some time, reading too many posts on different sites from people panicking and rolling back to their old OS. Either endure the growing pains or wait but either way don't cry about it;)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I suppose what works for some, doesn't work for others. My mate uses Emsisoft and had no troubles, I installed Kaspersky 2016 and all worked perfectly. However, after reading forum posts I have removed it and am now using Emsisoft. But, all is working perfectly.

Reactions: McLovin

Korora

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
My friends have upgraded to it (sadly I'm still waiting...) but the only problems they have told me about is with Edge acting up.

S

SkyJP

Can't agree more.

A lot of these problems originated from incompatible and old software running on Windows 10 causing numerous crashes, BSODs, etc.

Several people I know who installed Windows 10 encountered these crashes because their previous Windows was bloated with a bunch of crapware. And they upgraded with 2013 versions of antiviruses still there...

Windows 10 isn't perfect yet. It is still slightly buggy (e.g. especially Cortana and particularly the settings interface within Cortana).

It's best to go for some sort of a clean install or upgrade then reset. After that only install each program under the research that it works with Windows 10.

Reactions: juhful

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I suppose what works for some, doesn't work for others. My mate uses Emsisoft and had no troubles, I installed Kaspersky 2016 and all worked perfectly. However, after reading forum posts I have removed it and am now using Emsisoft. But, all is working perfectly.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware works fine but Emsisoft Internet Security's firewall drivers are broken with Windows 10 at the moment according to their forum and my personal experience.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have upgrade today on one laptop from 8.1.The upgrade went very smooth and so far is running fine with all previously installed programs.I have been running ESET Smart Security 8 on this machine and had no problems during the upgrade.

Reactions: XhenEd and juhful

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
I've been running Windows 10 Pro all day! Finished installing in the morning! Been working smooth and I've found no issues so far at all. I thought I was gonna see some bugs but so far so good.

Reactions: frogboy and juhful

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes you need to trust the GWX plugin checker if applications are totally incompatible/ drivers, cause it will prompt you before doing any upgrade process.

OEM's are purely safe on that case, except on those custom made which needs a thorough check or verify.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Upgraded yesterday, there's a BSOD on almost each logon and the system works very slowly. I'm resetting it today.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've seen Windows 10 is out! Haven't really read much about it and what's new etc. Plus desktop broke so on old 7 laptop. So for me it's not on my priority list till i get a running pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.