Allow security updates
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
It is a desktop pc used in the room, but online is set to public setting and sharing function is not used.
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet (Chrom) +Windows Defender Browser Protection
Firefox+Emsisoft Browser Security
Edge(Dev)
Maintenance tools
hibit Uninstaller(Free)
wise DiskCleaner
cCleaner
File and Photo backup
It depends on the documents you created. Working documents and important documents are copied to usb sticks each time and migrated to the main PC.
System recovery
Windows default
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Inter corei5/750
Radeon RX560/2GB
RAM / 4GB
80GB ssd + 1TB hdd

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
For some time, I have been considering adoption. The reason for hesitation is English. In other words, at the setting stage, there is a possibility of stopping at the sentence rather than the content.:unsure:

Unfortunately there will be no Japanese version, my friend. Here is an easy way to use it until things become more clear:

Download ConfigureDefender.exe here > Copy to Windows folder > Pin to taskbar > run CD > select GREEN "High" button (middle of three big buttons) > Close application = Done!

It won't break anything. Then, to overcome language and translation issues, you may post questions about more specific feature settings. (y)(y):)

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
ConfigureDefender was introduced with reference to @oldschool opinions. For a while, try using the default state.

Tinywall seems to be incompatible with me.
Communication between winstore.app.exe and Microsoft.Msn.Weather.exe is not allowed.
Change / fw is decided to be controlled by WFC.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
ConfigureDefender was introduced with reference to @oldschool opinions. For a while, try using the default state.

Did you not enable High settings?

Capture.PNG

I no longer use TW release or beta version.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Did you not enable High settings?

View attachment 231563

I no longer use TW release or beta version.
Sorry, my way of saying was wrong. It only meant selecting HIGH and not making any other fine adjustments.;)

I liked TW because the communication was cut off immediately and there was no pop-up. I also used the "private Win10" software temporarily, but it was easy to use to adjust fw built in Windows. However, because everything is in English, I was feeling afraid to use it:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Private Winten

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.