Silencing Cylance: A Case Study in Modern EDRs

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Nice article, FWIW. I also found this discussion by endpoint users, it's 2 pages of forum posts with some interesting real-world experience with Cylance Protect.

Edit: Notice how the cooler heads mention CP as part of a layered security framework.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Pixy Stix - The OP obviously had encountered some info that many people are familiar with, and seemed to feel powerless about what endpoint would be used. What I liked were the system admins who had varied experiences with it, and/or with other vendors, etc. Their replies were level-headed for the most part. And I liked that thread is pretty current, after all the past hoopla that has appeared over the last few months/years.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I know of an organization with 50,000 endpoints with aggressively managed Cylance Protect. No compromise thus far, all audits are clean. Of course, Cylance Protect is combined with some pretty beefy Fortinet technologies and a properly managed IT infrastructure. But those should be a part of all business IT practices, and if they are, Cylance Protect itself, with nothing else is more than sufficient.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.