bobdoe

Oct 10, 2020
I am a novice on this subject but I notice that Simple Dnscrypt is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42 and Github shows the latest to be 2.1... that seems like a lot of releases ago and a lot of missed features and improvements. Are other Simple Dnscrypt users updating dnscrypt-proxy, and if so what is the recommended procedure? I cant seem to find much if any relevant info.

Reactions: Nevi and The_King

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I am a novice on this subject but I notice that Simple Dnscrypt is using dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42 and Github shows the latest to be 2.1... that seems like a lot of releases ago and a lot of missed features and improvements. Are other Simple Dnscrypt users updating dnscrypt-proxy, and if so what is the recommended procedure? I cant seem to find much if any relevant info.

Follow the instructions on here.

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Updated last month with version 2.1.0 of dnscrypt-proxy.
It's still working great.
DNSCrypt.jpg

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

bobdoe

Oct 10, 2020
Updated last month with version 2.1.0 of dnscrypt-proxy.
It's still working great.
View attachment 260809
That's strange, I have Simple Dnscrypt 0.7.1 set to automatically update and it was still using dnscrypt-proxy version 2.0.42 till I manually updated today thanks to Andytay70's help. Even the Simple Dnscrypt home page still shows dnscrypt-proxy at version 2.0.42. Oh well, the manual update worked and Im on 2.1 now so all is good.

Edit: Upon rereading your post, it seems like I mistakenly took it to mean it updated the proxy through Simple Dnscrypt as as opposed to you manually updating...
  • :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and The_King